33. Final Goodbyes

Natalie

    I sat in the chair, in the stadium with my cap and gown on

I sat in the chair, in the stadium with my cap and gown on. The day has finally come and it broke my heart in two. The day that it becomes reality, I'm not a adult. The day you can finally consider yourself, grown. This is suppose to be a day of celebration, yet I felt a mixture of happiness and sadness. This morning, I literally spent a hour in the bathroom, balling my eyes out. No more skipping classes, wild high school parties, and football games.

If I could do it all again, I would.

The principle, stood on the podium, with a smile on her face. Grabbing the microphone off the hook, she stepped to the front, giving us a view of her long black dress. "I am so proud of you all. You have truly been a blessing to the school, outstanding students. From flourishing in school work to extra curricular activities, it's truly been an adventure. Even if you haven't been with us sense ninth grade years, you play a tremendous part in our success as well".

"The seniors have been amazing role models for the younger student and commend you" she paused, clearing her throat to keep the tears from running. "There's no doubt in my mind that you all will achieve great things in the future. Just don't forget to come back and visit me sometime, please", she passed the mic to the assistant principle, rushing to grab a Kleenex off the table.

"We will now proceed with calling out the names of the graduates".

My stomach dropped, I hated award ceremonies because it felt like everyone is just staring at me. This one in particular is special. My last name starts with a w, so I knew my name wouldn't be called anytime soon which gave me a minute to calm my nerves. "You okay, sis" Nathan whispered and I shook my head.

"Just a little nervous" I admitted, he gripped my shoulder. "Don't be, you worked your ass off for this , walk across that stage like you own it"

"Do you know all the scholarships your getting" he questioned, nudging my shoulders. "Your brains and talent got you this far".

"Thanks, bro" I genuinely said. "Thank you for always being there for me, through everything , good or bad".

"Congratulations on your scholarships as well" I smiled as he tried not to but he broke into one.

"Thats what siblings are for, you can always count on me. We've been through a lot together." He said. "Thank you".

Louis and Nadia names were called and we cheered for them in the crowd. The both of them waited to get to the end of the stage, doing the woah as everyone hyped them up. A few more names were called and my name is shortly after. "Natalie Wins" my name rung through the speakers , along with my honors and rewards bring named. Walking up the two steps, I zoned out hearing nothing but endless cheers.

"GO BEST FRIEND" my ears perked up. "MY BABY"

"THATS MY STEP DAUGHTER"

I could hear Aubrey, mom, and Luke in the audience, making me chuckle. I looked up flashing them a smile but I kinda dropped seeing Julian next to Jeremy. I didn't expect him to be here, but I'm not complaining. Shaking the principle and assistant principle's hand, they both gave me a wide smile, placing the golden metal around my neck and handing me a folder full of achievements.