7. Spending Time (PT. 2)

Natalie

      "You coming or going somewhere else" I asked Nathan seeing him getting reacquainted with his old teammates

"You coming or going somewhere else" I asked Nathan seeing him getting reacquainted with his old teammates. Either choice didn't matter to me but I needed transportation.

"I think imma hang out with Joseph, Wyatt, and Calvin" he answered, digging in his pocket and handing me the car keys. I gladly took them, cutting my eyes at him. "Don't be our all night and make good decisions please" I scolded, walking back towards my group of friends.

Nathan chuckled. "Yes mom" he said, walking away with his teammates.

Going towards the parking lot, I unlocked the doors. Opening the driver's side, I stared at the crew in confusion. "Y'all coming or nah" I said as they came to realization and rushed towards it. Aubrey rushed towards the passenger seat, sticking her tongue out at Julian. "Ha , bitch" she sat happily in the front, putting on her seatbelt.

Julian stuck up the middle finger, shaking his head. "I'll be sitting in the front on the way home, fucker" he retorted, childishly forcing himself into the backseat. His legs were long so the feeling was uncomfortable.

    "Brey, your so petty" I laughed obnoxiously, heading in the direction of the Dave&Busters. I had my GPS hooked up , going to one that was further out for obvious reasons. We had caused a ruckus last time so I gotta lay low off the one that's in this area. "Laila still on the bullshit" I had to ask in order to keep my sanity.

      When she came over with everyone else, the vibe just rubbed me the wrong way. Me and her have never been on good terms, she an old mate of mine from the dance team. There was no relationship outside of putting on a show for the school, that's it. 

    Aubrey looked over at me knowingly. "When does she stop"she questioned, rolling her eyes. "That bitch stay doing shit to gain attention.". I looked through the review mirror to see if the boys were paying us any kind, but they're wrapped up in their own conversation. "That child literally threw a temper tantrum last week because coach kept yelling at her".

      That's something I didn't miss. The team would forever be running laps because direction wasn't her forte. Which is why most of her time is spent passing out water and towels to the rest of the team after a performance. Laila was on the team to have the uniform, jogging suit, and the glam life all in one.

     Thinking deeper into it now, that's the same Laila that was probably blowing up Julian's phone. That's the only one I know of and the way she was breaking her neck to look at him, it kind of made me assumption easier. "I have faith that she'll get it together before coach kicks her ass off the team" I said genuinely. "Especially if she's wants a chance at a scholarship".

   Aubrey side-eyes me, twisting her lips to the side. "Seriously because bay-bee. Academically, she ain't that bright" she threw her head back laughing as I tried not to crack up along with her. "You ain't shit" I joked, pulling into a parking spot.

   The lights from the signs lit up the name Dave&Busters. From the outside it was quiet but once those doors open, the action started to happen. After purchasing our game cards, my eyes jumped from game to game, not knowing where to start. I looked for games that would help me win easy bets, so I didn't have to pay for food tonight. "Okay so who want some of this smoke" I offered as Jeremy wasted no time, raising his hand. "You know I'm down."

     "Down to play fruit ninja first" I questioned as we walked towards the game. He nodded, crossing his arms. "Trynna bet" he looked through his wallet, checking it.

  I smirked. "You know me so well, the person who loses pays for the winner's meal and drinks" I said and he quickly, agreed. "Have fun paying for me, all night" he said, swiping his card, waiting for the game to start. Fruit started popping up from the bottom of the screen as he tried his best to reach all on the screen at once. I've played this game enough on my phone to know, this wasn't much of a challenge. In this thirty seconds, he's only cut a hundred of them open, that's nothing.

    "Times up" I blurted out, pushing him out the way. After swiping my card, I cracked my knuckles and my neck. "Let the real champ do it" I boasted, trying my best to best his score of only two hundred and fifty.

    "Go babe" Julian cheered in the background, earning a scoff from Aubrey and Jeremy. "Don't let those haters get to you".

  "Think of that free food" he taunted and once I hit the score of three hundred, I already had this in the bag. Even though, I had already passed him, I still had a few more seconds left before the game ended. "THREE, TWO, ONE" I shouted. "I BEAT CHA ASS" I went up to him and did the woah.

   Aubrey and Jeremy stood in front of me, trying not to laugh at my stupidity. Julian on the other hand was hyping me up as we caught attention of some bystanders in the back. "Hit the nae nae, hit that nae nae"

  "Yaaaaaaa" I dragged out, doing the dance, seeing their faces finally crack. We all busted out in laughter, moving on to the next games. "Don't be sore losers" I dragged out. "Let's have some more fun."

A hour has passed of us, playing games nonstop and talking major shit. We were now at the basketball games, watching the boys play against each other. "Julian look so concentrated" I pointed out the lines on his forehead creasing together and the way his eyes were fixated on the basket. "Nigga is determined".

"Jeremy looking like he finna shoot himself" the bell went off, signaling that it's over. "Awh shit, I wonnnnnnnnnnn" Jeremy said, doing the dougie.

Julian shrugged his shoulders. "Finally, I beat you the first four times." He clapped back and Jeremy still jumped around in victory. "I won, you lost" he chanted, wrapping his arm around Aubrey. "Guess what, babe"

"What" Aubrey played along, already seeing where he was going with this.

"I won, I won" he pointed at Julian. "That nigga lost" he whispered as if we couldn't hear him.

"This nigga" Julian smacked his teeth, pulling me into him. His arms wrapped around me as we walked towards a booth. We were getting hungry , I needed something before passing out. The only thing I had was a small plate of nachos and a soda from the football game, earlier. Once we sat down a waitress came over to us, passing out the menu and taking down or drink orders.

"For you ma'am" she asked me since I'm the last ordering. "I would like a blue raspberry gummy slushee" I said , hearing a loud sigh fro Jeremy. He turned to the page of drinks in the mirror, his eye bucking out their sockets. "Imma be broke by the time we leave". He slid a hand down his face in disappointment. "That slushee is damn near six dollars" he complained, looking at Julian. "You paying me back".

"Tuh, you knew what you were getting yourself into with that bet" Julian said. "Better wash them dishes if you can't afford it" he joked causing all of us to laugh.

"Make his pockets hurt" Aubrey and I rapped at the same time, doing a little dance on the bouncy seat. "Make me' hurt bih" the guys stared at us blankly, shaking their heads.

-

   Sooooooo..... I wanna write a supernatural type of book👀!

Would y'all be interested in something like that tho? I wanna try something different. Leave your opinions.