38. Arguments

Happy New Year! I'm so happy because I finally made it to 500 followers😘

It's crazy to know that a lot of y'all like my books😭

Natalie

       I sat in the passenger seat, listening to tea that happened at Julian's get together

I sat in the passenger seat, listening to tea that happened at Julian's get together. Nathan continues the story of the dramatic night while driving us back from another long day of high school. I hadn't seen or heard much about it, except for the little snippet of the dance videos on Instagram. People were tagging me left and right from Lauren being there, I wanted to question it but I didn't wanna pester him. I trusted him enough to not do anything to jeopardize our relationship.

"She was drinking while pregnant" I asked in disgust. "Lauren ain't dumb enough to do no foolishness like that"

Nathan threw his hands in the air. "There isn't a baby, anymore" he emphasized anymore and that took me out. I laughed at how dramatic he was being but instantly frowned. "Either she got a abortion or had a miscarriage" I shook my head, kinda feelings bad for her at the moment. "That's sad"

      The car was successfully parked in the driveway, we both got out, grabbing our heavy book bags. It felt like tons of boulders on my back, even though most of our work is done on the computer. Unlocking the door, Lucas sat on the sofa, counting another stack of money from his "business". He swore that he had a real career, but we both knew that selling drugs was his way of living. The dude was out at late nights, standing on the corner of the streets, passing out small baggies. I've seen him at home on plenty occasions, preparing them for the customers. "Hi, step children"

     "Hi, stepfather" the both of us greeted in unison. Over the past few months, our relationship had gotten better. After being forced to see him everyday, there wasn't a choice but to form some sort of bond. Besides out of all mom's recent picks, he was the best one. "How was school today" Lucas asked, leaning back on the sofa.

     "It was cool, making them A's" Nathan responded lying. Lucas and I squinted at him knowingly, he always lied about his grade. The whole semester he claimed that he was passing all his classes until profess reports came out. He was failing most of classes and wasn't trying to it was to late. He ended first semester on A and B honor roll, mostly b's. "Weren't you just in the car complaining about another physics test that you failed"

     "Fuck up" Nathan said, shooting up the middle finger. "I know that ain't my oldest, I hear cursing in my house" momma said as she continued the journey downstairs. "Then you loud like your voice ain't deep enough"

     "Nah, I said duck up" he lied, hoping she would go for it. She smacked him in the back of the head, in disappointment. "I've been on this earth for a minute, son. Don't play me like
I'm stupid"