7. First Session

Quick side note: Can we just take a second to thank BreBrebre9 for being a loyal supporter since the beginning of my writing journey. It means a lot to me and I'm truly thankful. Enjoy this chapter ❤️.

Julian

             The weekend snuck on me and here I was staring blankly at this notebook paper

             The weekend snuck on me and here I was staring blankly at this notebook paper. On my free time, I always tried to study but the easiest things distracted me. I've never been the type to just read a piece of information over and over again, it's boring. Sometimes, I'll be a kid again and listen to a study rap sum it up for me.

       Turning over, I realized that I only have two weeks left and haven't got the chance to work on the paper. Checking Natalie's story, she posted a video of her laying in the bed, lip syncing some type of sap song. She had been doing that a lot lately, every since that viral live going around of her ex nigga talking shit about her.

       JuJuInThisBih: Umm can we start a session today

BabygirlNat: Sure, you can come over now if possible

   JuJuInThisBih: Be there in a few

        Throwing on a pair of sweatpants, I decided on keeping on the wife beater. Slipping on a pair of AirMax 97's , I grabbed my keys, gathering the basic things that I needed for the assignment. Heading downstairs, my mother sat in the chair, reading a book, while her phone continued to ring obnoxiously. That has been happening for a minute now and even though, everyone knows about her dirt, she'll still ignore it.

       Her eyes met mine and she gave me a weak smile. Noticing the keys in my hand, she furrowed her eyes brows in a curious manner. "Going somewhere" she gestured towards my hand.

     "Need some help on a paper, I'll be back later" I didn't bother waiting for her to respond, before heading to the door.

    "I LOVE YOU JU" my mother shouted from the living room. I kept walking to the driveway, not knowing how to respond. At the moment the word love wasn't in my vocabulary pertaining to my mother. I still needed time to process the divorce that's coming soon. Although my parents try to brush it under the rug, my brothers and I are trying to cope with it.

  Did you love us enough to keep your damn legs closed? Nope.

On the drive to her house, I turned on the final street, trynna remember the time the team came over to celebrate with Nathan. Looking to the right, I spotted Natalie sitting on the porch smoking a vape and a notebook sitting on her lap. The Bluetooth sat next to her in another rocking chair, the old drake music playing. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun and her face was makeup free. She spotted a crop top and some basketball shorts that Nathan usually wore.

Stepping out the car, I looked at my surroundings, gathering my things. Walking on the porch, I moved the Bluetooth, laying the stuff out on my lap. Lifting my head, she was already staring at me, with a curious look on her face. "We not going inside" I asked seeing the sun.

She adjusted in her seat, passing a piece of paper to me with nearly written notes on it.

Brainstorm thoughts
•Interesting things about yourself
•Daily thoughts
•Goals in life
•Who are you as a person

"These are some things we'll be going over. I don't understand why it's hard to write a paper about yourself but whatever" she said holding her arms up in surrender. "Who are you"

Sitting back, a million things ran through my head. Shrugging, I never really understood who I was besides a jock. "I'm a football player"

Natalie nodded, gesturing for me to keep going. "I like to party, I always go to practice, and meet up with Laura on my free time. I believe that I'm a smart man"

She gave me a disapproving side-eye, sighing in defeat. Facing me fully, she tossed the papers to the side. "You come off as this self- absorbed, full of life asshole, but your really boring as hell. You practice and party, you don't have a hobby outside of that" she asked in disbelief, her face was in pure shock.

I chuckled, surprised to see another expression on her face other than a frown. "That's my schedule. I don't really have time to find hobbies" I reminded her.

Natalie fanned me off. "I end practice around the same time you do, we go to the same games. You have time if you make time."

I nodded, pushing my feet off the ground, rocking back and forth in the chair. I then jerked back up realizing something. "You don't seem to have much of a hobby either, your a damn home body" I threw my arms up like I just won the lottery. "Laying in the bed is not a damn fun time"

She halted in defense. "I have many hobbies and reading is one of them, I love reading someone's else experiences. Nathan and I love going skating on the weekends, sometimes and hangout with me friends. We actually go places and not get wasted at Brent's house" she got up playfully rolling her neck. "Try it again baby. Unlike you , I don't post every damn thing that happens in my life"

Lifting my arms up in surrender, I let her have the argument she seemed so passionate about. "You gone be the one to help me find my hobby" I asked , smirking. It seemed like a good way to create know a little more about her and maybe get her to like me.

Natalie held up her hand, turning up her nose. "I don't know if I wanna be seen with you in public." My face dropped and a frown came upon my face. "I guess I'll help you but your paying for some stuff, deal" she asked in a questionable tone, waiting for my response.

I nodded, holding out my pinkie. She rolled her eyes, wrapping her pinkie around mines. Staring in amazement, I never thought we'll be this close to touching, she comes off intimidating. "Oop we finna become best friends after this" I smirked , she quickly removed her pinkie from mine. "Your gonna like me"

Natalie rolled her eyes. "That's all Laura baby boy, get the hell off my porch" she shooed me away, standing up. Passing me the notes, I watched her figure that stood in my face. Opening the front door, she then closed it after she walked in.

The door opened once again, she smiled, peaking her head out. "I still hate you"