29. Talk

Natalie

           New Years Eve was today and felt like complete shit

           New Years Eve was today and felt like complete shit. The way that Christmas ended that night was tragic and all dirt got aired out in the snow. I could tell that Aubrey felt kinda stuck in the middle, didn't know whether to choose sides or not. It bugged me that we had her in that position, so I took a step back from talking to her.

I found myself on Instagram waiting for the subs being thrown my way but surprisingly noting has happened yet. I'm thinking that maybe Ronnie might take the high role from this situation but then again I'll be expecting to much. To be honest, this is the outcome I expected, I would've reacted the same way, I think. Unlike Julian, I wasn't quick to defend my actions because I don't think there's a right way to explain how trifling the whole thing sounds.

Wrapped in the covers, momma came into the room, closing the door behind her. She sat next to me on the bed, taking the remote to pause the tv. Turning towards me, she stuffed another pickle dill chip in her mouth, groaning in satisfaction. "You can't keep moping around here honey, it's New Years go out with your friends or something. Your brother already left so you can hangout with the coolest mom ever"

I laughed, playfully hitting her with a pillow. "All my close friendships are questionable at the moment and most of my teammates already have plans anyways"

"Why are they questionable" she asked leaning back into the bed. "It wasn't over something stupid right?"

"Your grown so you might think this whole ideal is pointless" I replied honestly, basically telling her to prepare for the bullshit in advance. Momma rolled her eyes, switching around to lay on her stomach. "I swear y'all act like parents haven't already experienced it or something similar, probably worst"

Sighing, I explained the whole truth from the beginning, the tutoring, to the spending time on the regular, my feelings towards it all. Momma sat there on the bed, speechless, slowly putting a chip in her mouth. She sat up a little, distraught. "I've always known that Ronnie girl had a few loose screws, that bitch is obsessed with him" she concluded. "Seriously though, yes you liking him was kinda messed up but it was intentional"

"Feelings are something you can't push away, you can avoid them but they eventually come back up. The situation is messy but shit happens, it sucks that you've might've lost a friendship but don't dwell on it to bad." I listened to her as she rubbed my back for comfort. "If that little bitch wanna fight just beat her ass, it's not your fault Julian was never into her"

"Ma" I whined.

She shrugged. "I'm just saying, the hell that little girl gone do to me. I'll say the shit to her face next time I see her"

My mom and I spent most of the evening together, watching movies and catching up. She listened to the drama filled high school stories that took place on a daily. It's refreshing to have such a long conversation and actually connect on another level with her.