50. Final Goodbyes

Natalie

         Walking down the street, I took a turn down the abandon road, seeing the old fort from years ago

         Walking down the street, I took a turn down the abandon road, seeing the old fort from years ago. Somehow it still managed to look the same from the old photos of Ronnie and I hanging off the raggedy branches we called a "wall". Our hair was in two pig tails, different color butterflies clips to match the rainbow shirt we wore that day. We love to match like sister since we claimed to be anyways. It's a bunch of memories here, I picked up another photo, seeing a pictures of us with two other boys. We were all in the third grade and we had a ratchet double date in the middle of  the woods.

    It was suppose to be a picnic type thing but instead we sat on logs, snacking on cosmic brownies. "I wish we could go back to those days" I heard a voice behind me, seeing Ronnie. In this light she looked ten times better, her skin wasn't bruised, her hair was in good condition and she just looked healthy overall.

   I nodded. "It would be nice but we all have to grow up someday, huh" she nodded in agreement, rolling one of the dusty logs over and sat on it. She patted a sit next to her, signaling for me to do the same. "I think we should talk"

     "We should"

     "I just wanna say that I'm deeply sorry for everything, things should've been handled differently. It's ashame I had to be put on my death bed to accept my wrongs but I'm sorry for how everything went."

She reached over to wipe away a stray tear. "I'm sorry to, I'm not innocent in this situation. I should've told you from jump when the feelings started to build. I thought me not talking about it would make it easier to hide my feelings like they would go away at the snap of a finger. Honestly, if the roles were reversed I would've been upset to"

    As much as everyone told me not to apologize or care, I should've went about things differently. At the end of the day , if my best friend started messing around with someone I really liked secretly, I don't think I would look at them the same. "That's the only thing I'm apologizing about to because that other shit you did was foul"

     "Dating Samuel out of people to get back at me wasn't a bright decision. It didn't only hurt me but you as well, that boy is dangerous" I scolded pointed a finger at her head.

       Ronnie let out a deep sigh, looking down at the bright green grass, that seemed to be freshly cut. If only this fort looked this clean in reality, I would come out here everyday. "It seemed like a smart choice at the time, I made that decision out of pure anger and hatred. I got what I deserved, I'm accepting my punishment"

      She scooted closer to me, intertwining my hands with hers. Ronnie looked in my eyes and on cue a bunch of memories popped up around us from years ago. "I came here today to say goodbye" she sniffles, lifting her head to look at the sky. "I wanted our last moment to be meaningful and some type of closure"