44. I didnt know how to tell you

Quick question!!!!! Do y'all know how to make a book cover? I have a new book coming out soon and I need a good cover .

3 Weeks Later

Julian

         "I don't even know why some of these dummies  bother showing up" I pointed at the list full of names for football tryouts

"I don't even know why some of these dummies bother showing up" I pointed at the list full of names for football tryouts. Every year almost eighty boys tried out for the team and only, nearly a half made it. The coaches happened to be very picky, they only wanted the best on the field. It's been this way since ninth grade, I don't think the memo will be changing anytime soon. It never failed that the most cocky ones would be the first to be rushed off the field. "Coach said conditioning finna be hard as hell this year" Jeremy and Nathan nodded their heads in agreement.

       "I already brought a pound of ice for them cold ass baths" Jeremy cringed at the thought of having to do so. Taking a ice bath is what got me through many seasons, practice could be hella deadly at times. I never complained seeing that we've won majority of our games so the constant pain is worth it.

     Nathan laughed. "Well imma just come for moral support" he said earning a look from the both of us. "Your quitting the team" I asked, preparing myself to curse him out for even doing us like that. He quickly threw his hands up in surrender to shut us up. "No, I'm moving, tryouts at Woodwind are next week"

      I took a step back, puzzled at the new information. Hearing about him moving was news to me. "Damn man, at least you going to one of the top schools in the region", surprisingly their football team is really good so it would definitely be a war on the field.

     "Yea Imma finish out this school year than move" he said and I took in the information and then realization sunk. "If your moving than Nat is to" I exclaimed the in a worried tone. "No no no no"

     How come she hasn't told me? We've been hanging out a lot lately and the subject hasn't came up once. She's been talking about her plans for senior year, not telling the part of her moving kinda far out. Maybe the thought slipped her mind but that's not something to easily slip under the rug. "Funny I'm finding out from you instead of my girlfriend"

    "Don't even do all that extra shit" Nathan quickly shut down the possible rant I was close to starting. "She's been trying to find a way to tell you but hasn't done it"

    I shrugged in confusion. "I don't understand why, I'm easy to talk to"

     He sighed in annoyance, pointing at me. "You were finna start bitching for no reason, it makes sense whys she's trying to find a way to approach you about it."

    Jeremy nodded in agreement, causing me to flick both of them off. Some would call me over dramatic but that's just my personality. The littlest things make me wonder and the worst automatically comes to mind. She still should've told me earlier though, it's no excuse for that. We went in the lunch room, meeting the girls at our usual table. Nathan branched off to talk to his girlfriend, while Jeremy and I continued towards our regular seats.

       Aubrey and Natalie stopped their conversation once we sat down. We looked at them suspiciously wondering why they seemed so guilty. "Y'all look caught" I spoke up and they simply shrugged, Aubrey slowly slipped her phone in her back pocket. "You and I need to talk by the way" I looked directly at Natalie as she crinkled her nose in confusion. She really didn't plan on telling me this anytime soon.

        "These tater tots bussing" Jeremy stoke four more from Aubrey's plate, crunching on them. She pulled her plate, shooing him away. "Going in the line, lazy ass" she fussed, holding the plate in her hands instead, since it couldn't be trusted on the table.

       Reaching in my book bag, I took out a bag of hot fries, opening the medium size bag. Natalie licked her lips, holding out both hands for some but I pretending to not see it. She seemed taken back by my actions, so she waved her hands thinking I must've not seen her recent actions. "Can I have some" she bent over the table, reaching to tap my shoulder. I flicked her finger off me, shaking my head. "No since you wanna keep stuff from me" I retorted, turning away from her.

      Hearing footsteps, she cane and sat next to me. "What did I do" she questioned and the tone screamed a sign of irritation.

      "Were you planning to leave without saying anything" I got tired of beating around the bush, since she clearly wasn't catching the hints. Her eyes widened, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Scooting a little closer, she put a hand on my thigh, causing me to tense up. I'm sure her intentions are innocent but the slightest touch from her made me go crazy inside. The wave of electricity in me has lit up once again without her even trying. All I need is one time to rearrange her guts, I promise it'll all be worth it.

    Your suppose to be mad , not thinking about breaking her back...

    "You weren't suppose to find out like this" she trailed off, her eyes never meeting mind. Natalie kept eye contact with the ground, avoiding me. "I found out the day after prom, I didn't know how to tell you. Trust I've been practicing everyday, it's been stressful."

      Her tone cracked a little, a tiny wet spot on her pants. She laughed to herself, using her freehand to wipe her eyes. "I'm such a baby but I was gonna tell you at some point. We've been in a good space and I didn't wanna mess that up with bad news"

        I gently grabbed her chin, turning her to face me. She looked up at me, biting softly on her bottom lip. Leaning in, our lips met, giving me an opportunity to taste her fresh coconut lip gloss. Kissing her reminded me of making out with a fluffy pillow. "I'm sorry for being petty, it kinda stung that you were hesitant for to tell me. Remember that you can tell me anything good or bad" I apologized, leaning the bag of chips towards her direction.

     Natalie put both her hands to chest in shock. "For me" she questioned, digging her hands in the bag. Grabbing a handful, she kissed me on the cheek happily. "I forgive but next time just tell me the issue, instead of being an complete asshole" she said sternly, playfully slapping my arm.

        Wrapping my arms around her, I kissed her forehead. Out the corner of my eyes, I saw bystanders just watching us interact. At one point it was weird but I've learned to ignore the stares. Some people still couldn't believe that's we've lasted for this long. It's been about four months since we decided to make things official, it's been the best relationship of my life. "You trynna spend the weekend with me" I asked, rubbing mini circles on your stomach.

     "The whole weekend" she questioned. "I have to babysit Friday night" she announced in a sing song voice.

      "How long" I asked, I could pick her up and just take her back to my place. "I'm staying the night. Sir, do you not realize I have a mother to answer to, you not finna get me caught up"

    "Tell her you spending the night at Coco's or Aubrey's" I whined in ear, earning a low laugh from her. Natalie grabbed the back of my hands, rubbing her fingers over them. "I'll see, your such a baby"

      I didn't argue because when it came to her, sometimes I did too much. I found myself constantly wanting attention, even being overly clingy sometimes, or blowing up her phone when she's busy. I'm aware that she's probably tired of my ass by now but I don't plan on letting her go anytime soon. Usually most would invite their girlfriend's over to fuck but I never had those intentions. Being in presence is enough pleasure for me, having sex would just be a bonus to the prize.

      If it isn't obvious by now, I've fallen.