17. You've been blowing me

Y'all had me dying last chapter. Y'all really ain't messing with Julian💀

Natalie

         "ONE MORE LAP LADIES" our coach screamed from the other side of the field

"ONE MORE LAP LADIES" our coach screamed from the other side of the field. The team and I are currently running around the massive track. In total we've ran six laps and after the second one, I was already on the verge of tipping over. My feet rushed towards the finish line, thirsting for the end goal, which is a mouthful of water. "Oh, it's finally over" I hollered, running on the sidelines, not hesitating to drink a big gulp of water.

     Once the entire team got done running. The coach gave us twenty minutes to take a break and relax. Putting in my earphones, I took a walk around the track to cool me down. The light breeze felt nice against my heated insides. My eyes went to the field, still seeing a little of the saying and drawing that weren't the easiest to get rid of. Shaking my head, I  admired the fall leaves, loving the colors.

    A reflection shined from the sun setting, catching my eye. I squinted seeing the diamonds glitz from a pile in the dirt. Letting curiosity take over me, I jogged over towards it. Wiping my sweaty palms against my leggings, before bending down to pick up the item. Holding it in the air, I immediately frowned by the name of the owner, Julian. Apart of me wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but it's hard. There's no way he left this at one of the games and didn't notice it missing for almost a month straight.

     "I'm sooooo fed up" I mumbled to myself, trying to hide the obvious anger starting to boil up. Here goes another secret I'll have to hide from my brother to save Julian's ass once again. I can't believe my boyfriend probably was the fool behind all of this and I wondered who tagged along. "You definitely have some explaining to do".

     Slipping the chain into my lunch bag, I stretched ready to continue practice and hopefully take my mind off of this for a few hours.

     Practice ended a hour later and I'm currently in the car with Nathan on the way home. My head was spinning , trying to hold my tongue. My foot tapped aggressively against the black rug on the ground. Nathan looked at me oddly, turning down the radio. "You had a rough day at practice" he questioned, concerned. "You look heated"

   Giving a fake smile, I nodded. "I'm just a little tired, nothing a shower and some sleep won't fix" I lied, leaning back into the passenger seat. He gave me the state that meant he knew I'm speaking complete bullshit but decided to not speak on it, which I'm thankful for. We finally made it into the house, being greeted by our guardian, Luke.

    "What's popping, peeps" he greeted, opening up his arms for a group hug.

    "Nothing much, practice has been a bitch" Nathan vented, going in the fridge and grabbing a blue Gatorade. "Coach been working us like a dog, all I want is a shower, I feel nasty"