2. They Don't Know

Yall vibing with the book so far?👀I need some non ghost readers because I really wanna start being more interactive with my readers. Anyways loves enjoy the chapter.🎈

Natalie

        Standing outside on the track, I exhaled the smoke

Standing outside on the track, I exhaled the smoke. Taking another puff, I pulled the blunt away from my mouth, sighing. Turning on the phone screen once again, I chuckling that I had been marked absence for first and second period. Shrugging my shoulders, I faced the two friends standing beside me.

"Did you see how good he looked today" Ronnie gushed, a small blush forming. Her eyes always lit up whenever his name was mentioned. "Guess what y'all" she said, pacing back and forth excitedly.

Aubrey and I shared a look. "What happened" I questioned in sarcasm. "Anything worth putting on a poster board"

Ronnie smiled, shoving her hands into her back pocket. She swayed her jet black curls off her shoulder, her beautiful chocolate skin glowing in the sunlight. "He watched my Instagram story" she dramatically clapped, pulling out her phone to find the receipts. "That's a record for me"

I laughed awkwardly not knowing how to respond to that without sounding rude. Aubrey let out a cackle , patting her back. "Just wait a few more years, y'all will be married"

Ronnie playfully pushed Aubrey. "I can't wait, I already picked out our wedding them colors. I'm thinking silver and gold by chance. Nat, you ready to be my maid of honor"she asked looking up bridesmaid dresses ideas on Pinterest. "Now it's time to find you a man"

"Don't make that face" Aubrey read my annoyance by bringing up the subject of relationships. They've never done me any good so I don't worry about them.

My last relationship really messed me up to be only in high school. Nope. It's not the usual breakup where the boy cheats and say 'it's not you it's me'. This boy by the name of Samuel was my first love, someone I constantly brought up in every sentence. We had been together since the beginning of middle school, I lost my virginity to him in the eight grade, so you can imagine how attached I was to him.

The love seemed equal on both ends until high school came into the picture. I found out secrets that made me realize, I never really knew him, like I thought. The breakup was still somewhat fresh, seeing we had just broke up last year. "I'm good on that" I choked out, putting the fat blunt against my lips. Sucking in the smoke, I exhaled it in Ronnie's face, watching her cough from inhaling so much. "I don't do to well with love."

"Besides this year, I plan to focus on myself. My grades need all the attention they can get"

Ronnie sighed loudly, pouting. She came over to me, rubbing my arms. "Don't let Samuel have this hold over you. He's moved on , a new girlfriend and all-"

Putting my hand in her face, I stopped her from talking. Taking a step back, I swung the book bag over my shoulder. Raking my hair over onto one side of my neck. "You don't have to keep reminding me. I've had enough of him rubbing it in my face"

Leaving the premises , I left them standing there feeling bad. That was my intentions but I hated when people brought him up. Seeing someone that claimed to love me, instantly moving on like we were never together. That stings, coming from someone who thought girls were dramatic for having heartbreaks.

Entering third period, literature was now in session. Opening the classroom door, all eyes shifted on me. Some were curious, some judge mental, and some looking because everyone else is. "Wanna explain why your late" Ms. Johnson questioned, tilting her glasses downward, her eyes squinted.

Rolling my eyes. "I would rather not", she was notorious for trying to pick on me. She would say little things,hoping for a reaction to her me suspended. Unlike the dumbasses in this class, I was well aware of how she operated. Anyone who she didn't like, she was gunning for them to be out her class somehow. "What's the assignment"

     Ms.Johnson said a mini prayer to herself, giving me a fake smile. "Write based on anything that comes to mind, it's a free day. It's personal so I won't be writing it but your grade will be based off how lengthy your entry is"

     Nodding, I let the pen write whatever came to mind.

      Dear whoever,

            Sometimes I wish I wasn't this fucked up person, I've never really be sane. To have so many friends and loving family members, somehow I always feel alone. My parents don't really care about me, if so do you think I would act like this? Do you think I would smoke weed to erase my misery? Depend on dance as an escape from my terrible lifestyle?

    I feel like a fraud, I wear this big smile on my face , lying to everyone about my feelings. I only share my true feelings with my brother and sometime Aubrey. You would think she's my best friend based on the things she knows compared to Ronnie. Ronnie rarely listens, she obsessed with trying to impress the golden boy Noah.

       I felt somewhat of a weight lift off my shoulders. Writing has always been therapy for me in a weird way. Imagine telling someone millions of secrets that no one would ever know unless you give them that piece of paper. That was way of coping with the reality that I lived in.

   Mom🙄: Won't be picking y'all up today. Find another way home. Bye

       Not bothering to respond, I sighed seeing that taking the bus was the only option. Nathan and I both had practice but we had no way home, that's our only solution. We could ask someone for a ride but I personally hated being a burden on someone's plans. Nathan on the other hand , if he needed something, he was definitely gonna ask.

     Going to our text thread, I shot him a quick text.

    Sissypooh❤️: Mom not picking us up again. No practice for us, ig

  Bigbro💪: That damn lady bro, probably snorting another line with her hoe ass. I can't keep missing practice or coach gone sit me out for the next two weeks!

  Sissypooh❤️: I cant keep missing practice either but it's whatever.

        No one knew the real lifestyle we had. People assumed that our family came from money because of our shoes and clothes. Seeing a few pictures on instagram automatically meant we were the golden who had the best family, far from it. Him playing football and majorette is our way of catching the attention we don't receive at home.