26. A Bitch is Blocked

Natalie

       The night of feeling like Cinderella was officially over

The night of feeling like Cinderella was officially over. We were all back to living our regular lives, counting on social media to entertain us for the time being. Everyone still posted pictures from the night with their nights, the graceful times. Scrolling through my timeline pictures of Jhonny and I came into view, I let out a big sigh. People thought we were the cutest thing, to bad we both blocked each other at the end of the night. It was a good night until things and feelings were exposed, it went down hill from there. That's a story for another time though.

Christmas break is now in session, no practice, no work, no waking up at the crack of dawn. All my classmates spent time with their families, while our mom would rather skim the streets than hang out with us. Over the years, I've gotten used to it being only Nathan and I, all we have is each other.

"NATHAN" I shouted out, wrapping myself tighter in the comforter, feeling the big hush of wind. Hearing his footsteps coming towards my room, from the tone of his stomping, I could tell he had a small attitude. Peeking his head into my room, he had a bored expression. "The hell is wrong with you"

Crossing his arms. "You one that called me in here, the fuck do you want"

In the background, you could hear different voices from a distances. They were all deep and loud for no reason. Turning up my nose, I pointed outside the door referring to all the noise coming downstairs. "Brent and em' downstairs. I tried to tell you earlier but you flicked me off and turned back over"

I snickered believing every word, waking up earlier during the break wasn't a thing. I had no issue sleeping through most of the day and only waking up to eat. Nathan would usually come bother me during my nap, so I'll just curse him out and continue. "Don't come downstairs until you put on some pants besides them thot shorts"

"Thot shorts" I repeated offended, I looked down at them tugging at them. "Sir, they stop below my thighs, your trippin"

He waved me off, leaving the room. "I just know I better not see them downstairs"

Ignoring them, I went inside my drawer, taking out a pair of my gray champion shorts. Looking in the full body mirror, I played around with the bonnet on my head, readjusting it. It was evident that I had been sleep from all the sleep marks, present on both sides of my face.

Going downstairs, their voices became louder and louder. Brent sat at the end of the sofa, the first person to spot me. A big smile landed on his face, he jumped up to hug me but I hesitated. Apart of me still felt some type of way from what I heard at the ball, I thought that was hella foul.

I didn't understand how Brent could smile in Julian's face, acting like a friend. Hearing that information from his own mouth made me look at him different, but I continued to play the dumb roll, the mind your business roll. Curiosity wanted me to sit back and watch this scene unfold, then apart wants me to tell Julian.

BRENT IS LIKE A BROTHER TO ME THOUGH!

BESTFRIEND...

I perked on a fake smile, wrapping my arms around him. We soon pulled away and gave the rest of the team their usual hugs. My eyes soon met Julian, instead of saying anything I sped walked into the kitchen. I turned around giving him a light wave but I refused to be verbal at the moment.

"You always acting fake towards me" Julian popped into the kitchen, holding out his cup for a refill of fruit punch. There was some that I made earlier this week with the kool-aid packets. "Couldn't even give me a proper hi"

I poured the drink in his cup, watching it fill up, avoiding eye contact. "You've been ignoring me, living it up with Ronnie. I've decided to keep my distant", I handed the cup back to him, tilting my head to the side. He took it back, pointing his finger in my face, shaking his head.

"Don't do that because you was talking heavy to ole' dude"

I took out my phone, going to Johnny's page. "Baby a bitch is blocked. How have I been talking to him" I questioned waiting for a smart comment. "We got into it the next morning over some petty shit"

Julian smirked, lifting up his head to meet my gaze. A little of his white teeth managed to show and those dimples that get me every time. I wanted so badly to crack a smile with him but I forced the straight face.

I'm suppose to be mad at your fine ass. Stop being cute..

Turning away from him, I face the refrigerator but still saw his reflection. He looked me up and down, biting his lips moving his body to a certain angle. "Since it's over some petty shit, wouldn't mind telling me why right" he asked taking a few steps closer to me. I ran towards the counter, hoping that no one would walk in on the awkward decision because he didn't care.

"Nah I'm not telling you" I responded, his eyes widened in shock but he managed to cover it up well. "It's non of your business"

       Truth to be told, I would've told him if the situation wasn't about him. That argument brewed because Jhonny noticed some things that night and I understood but I denied everything.

     ..
"You ready" Jhonny asked brushing his lips against mine. We sat in the car, his hand caressing my thigh. All his actions showed his true intentions, I wanted it to but something just wasn't sitting right with me. He frowned taking notice of my expression, I looked back through the hotel window from the parking lot. "You've been doing that all night"

     I looked at him oddly. "Doing what" I played dumbfounded.

      Jhonny leaned back in his seat, removing his hands away from my skin in a swift move. The attitude was evident in his tone and actions. "If we kiss, you turned us to the side. You've been staring at Julian all night. You can't even kiss without this guilty look on your face"

   "Julian" I questioned with an attitude. "You just want an excused to be mad at me now"

     I rolled me eyes, seeing his jaw clench in annoyance. "Don't play me for no damn fool. I know feelings when I see them and you've been breaking your neck to look at his dumbass. Should've just came with him"

        I wanted to come with him but the odds wouldn't let us. On one end I was concerned about losing a friendship that seemed to already be crushed, on the other end I was concerned about the questionable looks. Everyone would say how we're both foul for even thinking that would be okay. So maybe I was breaking my neck, imagining what it would be like to dance in his arms, kiss is soft lips in public with no regrets or worries.

        "Don't be like this" I reached out to him, touching his cheek. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt his feelings or make him upset. Jhonny was very observant so I'm not surprised that he peeped the little things. "I want to be with you, I came to the dance with you"

   He chuckled bitterly, shaking his head. Pointing towards the window, he wouldn't turn towards me. "You would rather be here with him though, right? I'm just some last result that happened to be there at the moment"

      I sighed heavily, starting to gain an attitude because it's obvious he wouldn't let this go. "Is this because I was hesitant for wanting to open my legs for you? I'm sorry for having second thoughts on what to do with my body"

      Jhonny sat up straight, holding up his hand for me to pause. "Don't even sit here and try to use that excuse because you know it wouldn't matter either way. If you told me you didn't wanna do it, we both know the vibe would've been the same. I've been trynna make this night magical for you since it started. It was cool until he got there and you just can't stop. Believe me I thought I was tripping to until the both of y'all started stealing glances at each other."