28. Christmas Day Pt.2

Writers block has been a bitch bruh and school😭
Julian

       Closing the car door, the music from inside could be heard from a distance

Closing the car door, the music from inside could be heard from a distance. There were Christmas lights outside the house and mini snowmen in the front yard. By the door stood mini elf's on each side, I gave a small smile at the gesture. For someone who didn't get hyped over many things, Christians seemed to be one of her favorite holidays.

     Neenan walked in front of me, ringing the doorbell. He turned to me, fixing the collar of my shirt and pushing me back. "Smile or something, you look nervous as fuck"

       Looking at the tall, skinny stick in front of me, I pictured him flying across the yard. Having a sibling in general could be the most annoying thing in the world. The front door opened and there stood Natalie on a sweater fitted dress. She stepped back giving us room to come inside the house. Her mother stood in the kitchen talking to a few of the other football players, passing out plates of food.

     "Hey Nat Nat" Neenan said holding his arms out for a hug. She walked over and he looked at me, snuggling his head inside her neck. "You look so pretty today"

"Thank Neenan" she responded, playfully rolling her eyes. She then came my way reaching out for a hug. "There's food in the kitchen, if your hungry"

He clasped his hands together, licking his lips, pointing towards the kitchen. "You already know I'm heading that way" he zoomed off, leaving a few specs of dust behind him. There was only Natalie and I standing there, still stuck in the hugging position. "Merry Christmas"

"Merry Christmas" I replied unwrapping my arms from around her. She gave me a smile, awkwardly standing on her tippy toes. We haven't had a real conversation since the last time I came over. We weren't in the middle of a disagreement or anything, just a lack of contact. Our only communication was throwing hints back and forth on social media, no one ever caught it though. "Ion know why you trynna front like you don't miss me"

She shook her head, playfully pushing me. "Boy ain't nobody checking for you, always wanna play." She responded pulling me towards the living room. "Your football buddies are in here. Oh and your wanna be girlfriend"

Ronnie then popped up outta no where beside Aubrey. She had on a full face of makeup and a over the top two piece, that shouldn't be worn in the winter time. A neutral expression quickly turned into a smile in no time. I noticed that there was no exchange between Natalie and Ronnie, that was weird for them to be best friends. Instead of acknowledging each other, they kept on walking by. "Hey babe" she cheered excitedly. "I haven't seen you in forever"

"Hey, have you seen the bros" I questioned ignoring her recent statement. She furrowed her eyebrows but pointed towards the outside area. In the backyard, most of them were having a snowball fight, struggling to throw in the big coats.