Chapter 23

Morgan is the first to shake Kate's hand. "The names derek, but this lot calls me Morgan." He smiles, Emily repeats his actions and then me. Spencer is too focused on Melanie to even notice Garcia is here.

We all take a seat around the table Spencer and Melanie kept reserved. Spencer looks up as we take a seat and wraps his arm around Melanie, she leans into his side and I feel the anger and sadness resurfacing.

"So you!" I look at Garcia, attempting to take my mind of the man across from me. "Why did it take you this long to tell us?"
"I didn't know how you guys would take it..." She laughs nervously and Kate places her hand over Garcia's fingers.

I smile at the small gesture and find my eyes looking for Spencer. Obviously his aren't on me and my thoughts wander back to finding reasons for the way he is with me. Why does he always play games? Making me think I'm special and then taking those feelings and crushing them? it's not fair.

Morgan and Emily join the crowd and beggin to dance along with Garcia and Kate. I'm left alone with Spencer and Melanie, he takes that opportunity to crush me further. "Mel, babe, are you going home tonight or are you staying with me?" he smirks because he knows I can hear.

"Well, I wouldn't mind going two nights in a row?" she laughs a little and Spencer pulls her closer while kissing her on the lips.

"Will you grab some more drinks?" Spencer asks and Melanie stands. I mirror her, but find the door to leave the building.

When I get outside i lean against the wall and take a few deep breaths. I can't cry, not again. Emily joins me and wraps her arm around my shoulders. "Em I can't do it. I actually had feelings for him, he made me feel like I was-"
"Do you wanna go home? I can stay at yours tonight instead?" She smiles and pulls me tighter.

"Everything is just a mess."
"Calm down chicken little, the sky isn't falling just yet." we both turn to find Spencer stood in the doorway with a small smirk planted over his lips.

His hands are firmly pushed into his pockets and his hair is messy again. "what do you want Spencer?" Emily speaks for me. His smirk fades and he steps forward. "Just some fresh air, don't mind me." He inhales and exhales deeply.

Emily looks back to me with a frown, "So when are you going to see Will again?" her eyes widen, begging me continue the lie. "Tomorrow." I say it a little too fast and Spencer turns to face us. "That bastard huh?"
"Fuck off Spencer." His brown eyes glare at me with so much anger I begin to regret the words that slipped from my mouth. Emily looks at me with a surprised expression that quickly turns to a smile and we both make our way back inside.

I'm happy to see that Spencer doesn't follow us straight away. Emily and I begin to dance and a few people from the bar join us. "Hi!" one of them moves closer to me so that I can hear his voice. He holds his hand between us and I take it, "Austin" I look up and he smiles. "JJ" I say before smiling back.

"Want a drink?" he nods toward the bar and I follow him. We both take a seat and he orders two drinks. "So, you're celebrating?" he asks with another bright smile. His hair is blonde and flicks up in random places, his skin is slightly darker than mine and he is wearing a light blue button up shirt with black trousers. The light from the bar shines in his eyes, showing me a glint of green.

"Well?" his eyes look between mine and I realise i still haven't answered. "um, yeah!" I point toward Emily and Derek dancing comfortably a few feet away from us. "they're moving in together." I look back to Austin and his eyes are locked on me. he didn't even look at Emily and Morgan, he was just looking at me. I smile embarrassed a little and he looks away with a slight laugh.

"Austin, we're heading off now. You coming?" Austin turns to his friend, smiles and then looks back at me. "can I get your number?" I consent and he types it into his phone. He smiles again and sees his friends watching him, "I've really gotta go." he moves closer to me and presses his lips to mine. His tongue slips over my lips, begging for access and just as I allow it he jolts away.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Spencer grabs Austin by the collar of his shirt and pushes him over the bar. "woah, woah man. I didn't know she was- I'm sorry!" Spencer shoves the blonde man toward his friends and he stumbles into their arms.

He looks back to me with a deep frown. "We're going home." He grabs my arm and attempts to pull me with him, but I yank it from his grip. "JJ." he steps forward. "I'm not going anywhere with you!" I half shout and his frown dissolves as a worried expression takes over.

"Fuck you." he heads back over to Melanie, stands her up and kisses her hard against the wall. His hand runs up and down her thigh, slightly rising her dress. She tugs his hair, but he removes her hand. He separates himself from her and leads the way to the door. both of them leave and a heavy weight rests on my chest. A few hours later, Spencer still hasn't come back. Eventually I leave too and take a taxi home.

***

When I arrive home the apartment building is silent. I climb onto the sofa and turn the TV on a low volume. After about an hour continuous knocks on the wall be on faster. I know what's going on and the noise is driving me crazy. I can't help but think I should be in Melanie's position right now. If I would have went with him maybe it would have been us? It should be me and Spencer in his apartment making all that noise, but instead I'm sat here alone on my sofa.

The banging stops and I am thankful, until I make a coffee, sit back down and it starts again. Maybe they're not having sex? I mean they literally just finished and 10 minutes later they're at it again. He can't of gathered himself that quickly?

The banging gets louder and the idea that Spencer is taking the piss grows. I go to bed with the idea he's teasing me, but I still don't sleep easy.