55. Stay the night?

Julian

           I leaned against the wall, feigning for a small breeze

      I leaned against the wall, feigning for a small breeze. Opening the big water bottle, only a small gulp sat at the bottom. I quickly drunk it down, throwing it in the trashcan aggressively. Our summer break has officially started and Coach has been on our ass about continuing practice. The first two weeks of conditioning are always tiring because he's trying to scare the new comers on the team.

    "I ain't coming tomorrow" I mumbled, slinging my gym bag over my shoulder. Walking to my father's car , I put the key in the ignition, rushing to turn on the air high. "Lucky I like this damn team, got me coming up here in the crack of dawn for the next three weeks."

      My mouth watered, looking at all the fast food restaurants, but then I thought about my pockets. There wasn't enough cash to get me the big meal I desired at the moment, I let out a high scream in irritation. Pressing my home button, siri appeared. "Call girlfriend" I demanded, making a turn to the store.

    "Calling girlfriend" siri responded and soon enough I heard the phone ringing. "Hey babe" Natalie greeted in a cheery tone.

    "Hey baby" I said pouting. "I'm so fucking tired" I groaned. "My broke ass can't even afford a meal at the moment, so imma just by me a dollar bag of chips from family dollar"

    Natalie chuckled. "Babe what you want"

   "I want a grilled chicken sandwich meal from Wendy's"

      I could hear typing in the background. "It should be at your house in twenty minutes" she said nonchalant. I raised my eyebrows, just catching on to what she did. "You brought me food, babe cancel the order"

   "Nope" she simply said. "Next topic"

      I huffed, giving up. Knowing how stubborn she is, it's no way she's canceling that order. "At least let me treat you to a sleepover this weekend" I offered, hoping she had nothing else to do. I've had major withdrawals from not seeing her and it does help where she lives now. We haven't been talking that often due to me passing out after practice.

    "I would love that, Ju" mentally, I let out a loud scream in my head. The little things about her still made me smile. "Can we switch it to next weekend though"

    "The hell you gotta do now" I bluntly said, not making an effort to hide my annoyance.

     "First off, watch how you talk to me" she said sternly, causing a smirk to form on my face. I'm the dominant one in the relationship but her putting me in my place is a turn on. "One of my family members is coming in town and I have my first client on Saturday" from how high her voice got towards the end of the sentence, I  sensed the hype through the phone.

    "You a hairstylist now" I said. "I'm feeling it"

    "Since I made the lace, I've been trying out different stuff. My first client wants a ponytail, that's simple." She said. "I'm just doing some people hair to make a few extra coins on the side, nothing special" she finished. "How are you feeling, you tired" she questioned.

   Natalie was always concerned about my well-being. She would always blow up my phone asking about me eating breakfast before practice or asking if I remembered to eat dinner. If we were on the phone, she would literally make me take a nap by hanging up on me. "I'm , tired, thirsty, and hungry" I answered.

     "My poor baby" she cried out. "The food is two minutes away"

    As she said that, I literally pulled in the driveway, just sitting outside. It's no point of me going inside to come right back out. "Okay, Imma just sit outside"

    "After you eat, let it digest, take a shower, and catch a nap" I nodded as if she could see me, clearing my throat. "Where yo mama at" I questioned and we then switched over to a FaceTime call. "Hold on right quick" I said, opening the car door once the delivery man pulled up.

     "Delivery for Julian" the man said, holding the bag and the large sprite. "Have a nice day"

    "You to"

     I put the phone in my pocket, and put everything in one arm, digging in my pocket to get the key. The door opened, Noah stood behind it, saving me from struggling. "Thanks little man"

   "No problem" he said, following me I tot he kitchen. Going over to the sink, I washed my hands, rubbing them together thinking of how I'm finna tear this food up. "Since I helped you, got anything for me"

    I pulled out the phone, hearing Natalie shuffle around. She laughed seeing my blank facial expression. "You can have some of my sprite"

   Noah shrugged his shoulders, taking what he could get. He took the cup away from me, pouring some into his. He peeked over at me, smirking before returning the cup. "I decided to save at least a half of cup for you, you don't need that much anyways" He ran upstairs before I had the energy to get to him. I waved him off, deciding to focus on my food.

   "I can't that little bastard" I said to myself. "But anyways, give the phone to your mother"

    Doing as told, she handed over the phone. Her mom held with a confused look on her face, questioning Natalie. "I don't know what the child wants"

   "Hey Ms. W , would you mind me coming over today or possibly spending the night" I asked. "Natalie has nothing to do with this but I really wanna see her"

    Her mom smiled, staring at the phone like she was in deep thought. "It's not that quick of a drive and I know you not going right back home. Y'all asses better no be doing no nasty shit up in my house"

    "Promise" the both of us said at the same time. "Ask your dad first and if he agrees than come over" she instructed, passing the phone back to Natalie.

     "That little boy must really like you, walking around looking like toad from Mario with that jumbo ass bonnet on yo small ass head" her mother roasted as Natalie huffed not knowing how to respond.

"Ma, that ain't fair you know I can't roast for nothing" she whined, stomping her feet but than her face lit up. "I wonder how Luke still love you without that makeup in your face"

"Two faced ass" she whispered into the phone, hoping her mother didn't hear. "What don't get buck cause yo lil boy friend on the phone" her mother fussed as Natalie ducked from a rag being thrown at her head.

     The alarm went off, indicating someone just entered. My dad came into view, sitting his work bag down and going to the sink to wash his hands. "Hey son, is that Natalie on the phone" he questioned, peeping his head in the camera. "Hey daughter in law" he joked as he happily waved.

    "Hey, father in law" she laughed.

    "So dad, can I spend the night at Natalie's house" his smile quickly turned into a blank face. "Is her mother okay with that? Don't you have practice tomorrow morning?" He questioned back to back.

    "I can wake up earlier and drive to practice" I reasoned. "Or just not go" I suggested , quietly. From the way the lines in his forehead knitted together, that definitely wasn't an option.

"Nah, you going. I don't need your coach throwing a damn tantrum on the phone, pestering me about why you ain't come" dad complained, mocking how coach sounds on the phone. "If he's not going to practice can you make sure he's does thirty minutes to an hour of stretches and exercises. Make sure he eats a balanced dinner" he mimicked the phone call from the last time  coach called him bitching because I left school early. "Either that or you better make up a damn, spotless excuse for missing it"

"Dad, it'll be fine" I assured him, throwing my wrapper in the trashcan.

-
  Why y'all so threatened by Louis?

Another tip, long distance won't be the reason they break up either💀. That's a little cliche and who said anything about breaking up?

    I just introduced Louis first but there will a be a few new characters and activists added to the book.