51. Its okay to not be okay

I hope you guys are okay.. please be safe out here❤️! Updates have been kinda slow due to me having online school now, it's been hectic.

Natalie

          I stood in front of the fully body length mirror, adjusting the body suit that clung to my petite shape perfectly

I stood in front of the fully body length mirror, adjusting the body suit that clung to my petite shape perfectly. It wasn't anything fancy, just enough to look presentable and comfy at the same time. Through the reflection, I saw my mother peaking her head in the room, admiring me from a far or maybe simply checking to see if I'm still sane. Clearing her throat, she tossed me the keys to her car and I turned around swiftly to catch them on my index finger.

"Luke and I are heading out early to help Ronnie's mom prepare for the funeral. You and Nathan can use my car to get there." She instructed, coming fully in the room to check her appearance. Her natural hair was curled neatly, falling nicely on her shoulders, not a frizzy strand in sight. There wasn't any makeup, just a slight tint of red lipstick to compliment the sinister look. The black dress was simple, plain, dressed up a with a light cardigan. "Are you okay" she seemed worried.

I huffed, rolling my eyes and just stared as a response. I'm sure the bags under my eyes, the messy room, and the homework papers that's left untouched was enough to answer that question. I eyed the phone that hasn't made any contact with me since the day I heard she passed. I immediately shut it down and never thought twice about turning it back on, it's on one hundred percent.

I just couldn't bare to see all the fake love on social media or people posting a million memories of her. "I'm adjusting"

"It's okay to be not okay, you can always talk to me" momma touched my shoulder shortly, before exiting the dim room. Going in the closet, I found a hat to throw on top of my head. Lastly, I found a pair of shoes to bring the full fit together and sat on the bed, thinking.

       It's been a month, a interesting month. Weeks without any contact or communication with friends, I've only talked to the people I live with. I still go to school but most of my time is spent in the library or in the counselors office in silence and doing my school work. I write my feelings on paper , when I'm finished spilling out my guts, I give it to the counselor and listen to her take on it.

      I'm not mad nor upset with anyone but I needed time. Time to process things on my own without being constantly asked if I'm okay or people down my throat trying to tell me how to feel. I didn't want anyone looking at me sideways because I haven't shedded a tear since her death.

       Tossing the phone in my purse, I knocked on Nathan's bedroom door, not waiting for an answer, I opened it. He stood up as Rebecca buttoned up his shirt. I noticed she seemed in the act of dressing up herself and I wasn't comprehending why.

      "You plan on going anywhere" I blurted out as she turned her attention to me. The smile on her face, instantly went away.  "We're going to the funeral" she emphasized the we part, perfectly.