47. Date night

Also I have a new story out called Sure Thing. I think it's pretty lit so y'all should go check it out.  Anyways enjoy the story

Julian

        Scrambling through the drawers, I struggled to find a decent outfit for tonight

Scrambling through the drawers, I struggled to find a decent outfit for tonight. It's Natalie's turn to plan a date and she wouldn't tell me how to dress. She only said casual and it still didn't make things less stressful. I go through this same cycle every time we go places. Neenan peeked his head in the room, laughing at me stressing out. "You good bro" he questioned, plopping himself on the bed.

"No, I'm trynna find a outfit for this date" I responded, not paying him any mind. Taking a second to look at him, he covered his mouth to keep from laughing obnoxiously. "Your single so you can't relate"

He held up his hand in offense. "First off, my fine ass is single by choice. I don't need no girl using me for my looks, I'm protecting me heart" he defended when that wasn't the legitimate reason. Neenan has been playing around with the same girl for almost a year now but he doesn't talk much about her. I only know from snooping around when he's on FaceTime. From hearing little of his conversations, the girl is a freshmen in college and they met at the end of her senior year in high school. "Whatever you say" I held my arms up in surrender, dropping that topic.

"Where y'all going anyways" I shrugged not being able to give him an answer, I'm clueless my damn self. "I don't know but it's probably gonna be unexpected"

   "She be taking me to some interesting places"

    "Like what"

    "She took me to a lake, this one night" I reminisced, thinking how cold that water was, I shivered on the inside. "That was something"

     "The fuck y'all do" Neenan questioned, cringing at the smirk on my face. "Ya little nasties"

    "We ain't even do anything" I exclaimed, shutting down his negative thoughts. "It was truly innocent"

     He twisted his mouth to side, obviously not believing that lie. "If it's so innocent, why you just now saying something about it and it happened like two months ago." He made a good point but I wasn't gonna tell him that.

    "It just slipped my mind" I lied. "Can you grab my phone and call Nat for me" I asked as he sighed but still did it anyways.

Doing as I asked, he held the phone up to his face, waiting for the screen to say connecting. Once her face appeared, he stuck his tongue, mimicking one of her posts on Instagram. "Hey sister in law, girl" he said pretending to flip his imaginary hair over his shoulder. "What's poppin" Natalie was on the other end of the phone cackling.

"I'm good, so what's up" she said and Neenan groaned. "Julian been in here for the last hour bitching about not knowing what to wear for y'all lame date"