Chapter 71: A Shock

Knuckle, Shoot, Knov and Morel all lead us into this chamber-like room. A little bird cage was in the middle and it was moving.

"Kite is in here" said Shoot. "He is no longer the person you once knew"

"It's okay. We'll find a way to cure him!" said Gon.

"Hotel Rafflesia. Once I've dealt an enemy a certain amount of damage, I'm able to trap an entire body or just a part inside" explained Shoot as the small cage landed on the floor and the door slowly opened. We waited in anticipation as we heard footsteps nearing the entrance of the little cage. "If I release him from the cage, he'll return to his usual size. Be careful. He cannot use Nen but he's still powerful"

We stared as the body became bigger and bigger. Kite's skin was covered in scars and his hair was in a mess. His face was injured, it was all distorted. My hand shot up to my mouth as I stared in shock at what they said was Kite.

"Kite...." said Gon.

"They probably used him to train soldiers. He automatically attacks anyone who approaches" said Knuckle.

"Kite" said Gon, taking steps towards him. "It's okay now, It's okay" As soon as he stepped close to Kite, Kite punched him away. Blood dripped down Gon's head slowly. "It's been a while now...since you punched me. That hurt a lot" he chatted to him quietly. Gon took a few more steps but he kept on getting beaten up by Kite. I balled my hands into fists and bit my lip as I watched Gon get beaten up.

"You're going to let this beating continue?" asked Morel.

"Gon is the one to decide. He must have realised by now" said Killua.

"He can't use Nen nor defend himself" said Morel.

"Gon is not dodging on purpose" I said, my eyes fixated on the heart breaking scene.

The punches continued on for a bit longer until Gon dodged downwards and hugged Kite.

"I'm sorry, Kite. It's our fault you're like this. Get some rest. We'll take it from here" said Gon and let go. A thing over Kite appeared, making us all look up at it.

"Level Two...Gon can't see that thing, but it activates whenever someone touches Kite. You must be highly skilled at combat to clear this test. I've already blocked Kite's Nen, so that belongs to whoever's controlling him. Be careful, if you touch him again, he'll attack" said Knuckle.

"How did you stop him?" asked Gon.

"We injured him badly. We had no choice, but I'm still sorry. If you stay away he won't attack" said Shoot.

Gon face was melancholy, however, that deep sadness turned into deep hatred and anger. His hands were balled into fists as he turned around and walked towards us.

"Killua, Y/N, I want that one myself!" he said, gritting his teeth and walking out. I've never seen Gon that angry before. It kind of...terrifies me...

"Killua, Y/N. I knew something was different when I saw you. What did you guys do in the short time since I saw you last?" asked Knuckle.

"We didn't do anything. Our enemies did" said Killua and walked out. I followed him straight away.

I went back home and got a first aid kit. I then made my way over to Gon, who was sitting by himself on the grass, watching the sunset. Taking a seat next to him, I pulled out the kit from my bag and sighed.

"Y/N, you better not be here to stop me" he said seriously, not looking at me.

"Stop you? You must be mistaken. I'm gonna treat your wounds so you can beat that Ant up good" I said, pulling out the bandages. Gon looked over at me with a shocked expression. "I 100% believe you'll win. But you have to promise me one thing" I said.