Chapter 65: First Encounter With A Chimera Ant

The horses got tired so we took a break. I wandered around the town which was destroyed and I found a bee. I let out a startled gasp and took a step back.

"Whats wrong?" asked Killua and Gon running up to me.

"Nothing, it's just a- wait! It has a paper with it" I said and Kite came over and took the paper and read it.

"Help! Chimera Ant's nest! Rocky area! Notify the Hunter Association!!" it read in crimson ink, which was blood.

"It'll be dangerous. But could you accompany me?" asked Kite.

"Of course" said Gon.

"We're Pros" said Killua.

"That's why we came here" I nodded.

"Miss interpreter. Sorry, but were in a hurry" said Kite.

"Okay! The horses can go a bit faster" she smiled.

"That won't be fast enough" said Kite, jumping off of his horse.

"I want you two to go back to the border, find the others, and get word to the Association. These creatures are dangerous" said Kite to Dinner and Podungo.

"Got it" nodded Dinner.

"Take care, Kite" said Podungo worriedly.

"Right" he nodded and turned to us. "If you can't keep up, I'll keep you behind" said Kite.

"Right back at you" said Killua. We started stretching, to prepare for the run. This long dress was getting annoying, I don't think I can run in it.

"You ready to go?" he asked.

"Wait! Before we go, I just need to..." I trailed off and took hold of the dress. Trying to make it shorter, I ripped it open.

"Ooops. Maybe that was too short" I said looking at the dress. I ripped it regardless and ripped the sleeves too. Tying them up together, I put them around my waist and tied it good. The dress now went up just above my knees and I tied the excess fabric around my wrist and looked at the boys.

"Ready?" asked Gon.

"Ready" I smirked and we all got into position.

"Let's go" said Kite and with that, off we ran.

We came to stop when we got deep into the forest.

"O-Oi" I said and pointed at the bloody sight in front of me. The boys came over and their eyes widened in anger and we just stopped for a moment and stared at the ripped up clothes with blood all around them.

"This is a bullet casing" said Killua, bending down and picking something up.

"Nothing mechanical is allowed here, right?" asked Gon.

"So the underground rulers of NGL were manufacturing guns in addition to drugs" came the voice of Kite.

"But, judging by this..." trailed off Killua.

"This wasn't done by a human..." I stated. Gon and Killua looked at me in shock. "It's most likely done by a Chimera Ant"

"If the Chimera Ants can use guns, I hate to consider the possibility, but it's possible that NGL's underground leaders have already been fed to the Queen" said Kite. "What will happen if Chimera Ants are born with their genes? NGL and Chimera Ants...The worst combination possible. This could create an unprecedented biohazard" said Kite.

We then continued to whizz through the forest, while looking for those creatures.

"It's safe to assume that the Chimera Ants have assumed control of NGL's interior. The question is, if we can reach their nest before the Queen births the King" said Kite.