Chapter 4: The Married Couple

We jumped from tree to tree as we looked for the beast. Gon was rather fast considering that it was night time. We kept on chasing until I sensed some movement in front. I ran up to it and kicked it on the head, causing it to drop the woman. 

"Kurapika!" I yelled, telling him to catch the fallen lady. He nodded and caught her swiftly while landing on the ground. I gave him a thumbs up and kept on running. 

It was silent so I looked around for Gon. It turns out he got lost or I got lost, either way, I had to find him. I don't know if he can handle a monster like that on his own.

Wait...

Why do I care? Why am I even travelling with these weirdos in the first place? And worst of all, I want to help? What? 

 I don't know why I was feeling like that. I never wanted to help anyone. I was a heartless assassin that killed people so why am I helping a boy I just met?

 I shrugged the thought and landed in an open space sighing heavily. I looked around and then noticed a pair of eyes staring at me. I knew it was the beast so I ignored it and kept moving forward. We stayed like that for a while until it came out.

"Hey, hey, aren't you supposed to be looking for me?" He asked.

"No I don't even know who you are, so leave me alone I'm trynna look for Gon" I said as I kept on walking.

"Oh you mean that brat who can see in the dark?" He asked again, smirking.

"Yes and quit talking like you know him cause you don't. And anyways move out of my way or I'll beat you up" I said as I looked him in the eye. Then he started laughing and came up to me, smiling widely.

"You pass" I looked at him, my face emotionless as ever, I have learnt quite well how to maintain that face after years of hard work and training.

"What?" I asked in my monotone voice but with a hint of confusion.

"Come with me... I'll take you to the others" he said and I did what he had said. 

Then soon, we saw 2 beasts and the woman from before and Gon and the others. Gon waved at me and smiled. I waved back and went over to them. 

The beasts started praising us and telling us how we passed and stuff. They told us to hold on tight on their legs as they took us to the hunter exam location. It was quite relaxing seeing the sky as we flew.

The next morning we reached the middle of the city and he took us to the building. He opened the door for me and said "ladies first" I nodded and looked for Gon and the others when I see them staring up at this huge building. I shook my head and called them over.

"Oi! The location is here, idiots not there so hurry up!" They looked at me and walked my way. 

The beast who took a human form spoke to the owner of the shop, who led us into a back room and gave us badges. 

Gon had number 403. Leorio had number 404. Kurapika had number 405 and finally I got number 406. 

We sat on the table and began thinking about Hunters' stuff when the room started moving downwards. Kurapika and leorio were arguing again and Gon was in the middle. 

I just sat there thinking about what I should do. Should I go solo or stay with these guys? I figured I should stay with them because that might be fun. 

The room descended like an elevator until it stopped and the door opened. As we stepped out we saw a bunch of people staring at us. Probably to get some info on their soon to be enemies. 

The atmosphere was very tense and quiet. I shrugged it off and walked towards the wall to lean on it. Gon and the others followed. We reached there and started talking when an ugly guy with a squared nose came into sight. He had the number 16 on his chest.

"Hi my name is Tonpa..." he started to rant. He told us how he repeated the Hunter Exam 35 times.

"Rubbish" I mumbled as I shook my head. I felt him give me a dirty look and then a mischeivous smirk. 

He took out 4 juice cans and handed each one to us. I didn't bother thanking him since I knew there would be a trick, his smirk from earlier was pretty obvious.

They were all just about to drink it when Gon poured his on the ground. Kurapika and Leorio looked at him and stopped. I kept on drinking mine either way, even though it STANK of the poison, it still had the sweet flavour, and, as you already know, I have a sweets addiction. 

"It has poison in it" Gon stated clearly. They gasped and turned to me, who had gulped the whole drink.

"Don't worry I'm immune to poison. And anyways I knew it had poison. You shouldn't believe anyone here, especially a dumb bitch-looking idiot like this guy." I stated as I threw out the can.

 The boys just stared at me in awe, and Leorio's case, annoyance, as I sat down on the floor. I looked around trying to find the Hisoka guy that Tonpa told us to watch out for. 

I was interrupted when we all heard the door in front open to reveal a man with a swirly moustache and a maroon suit. He looked at the huge crowd and called out.

"I am Satotz and I will be the examiner of the First Phase of this year's Hunter's Exam. If you have changed your mind about taking the Hunter's Exam please leave now" Everybody looked at each other, but nobody gave up.

"Alright then let the First Phase of the Hunter's Exam begin. I will lead you to the Second Phase so follow me" he finished his sentence and turned around and started walking. 

Everyone looked at each other and started walking behind the first examiner. I stood up and faced the group.

"Guess we should go" I said they nodded and started walking.
________________________________

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. I really had fun writing it. The next chapter will be called:

-The First Phase

Thank you for reading and Bye!