Chapter 5: The First Phase

I have been running for about 30 minutes now and the examiner just keeps getting faster and faster. Whilst running, I noticed a flash of white hair on a skateboard. There are other kids besides me and Gon?

I shrugged the thought and kept on running while Gon next to me was telling me a story about his pet bear. It was kind of interesting and he was getting to the good part when he stopped. I looked at him and followed where his eyes were. 

"Hey look Y/N!" He pointed. "There is another kid like us in the Hunter Exam! Can you believe that?" He said excited as he went over to the boy. I just followed him.

"Hi!" He said enthusiastically. The boy with white hair turned his head towards us. He looked....familiar...

"Oh hey! I didn't know there were other kids beside me in the exam" he said eyeing us both.

"My name is Gon nice to meet you!" He said as he stared at the boy.

"I'm Killua" he said simply. Then they both turned to me as if asking me to introduce my self. I sighed and spoke up.

"I'm Y/N" I said as I kept running. This Killua kid gave me a look and turned around back to Gon.

Gon and Killua kept on talking the whole way. I was just listening to them, sometimes joining in when they asked for my opinion. Then I realised something. 

"Hey Gon" I spoke up and they both turned their head to me.

"What is it Y/N?" He asked. 

"Have you seen Leorio and Kurapika?" I asked as I looked around. He started looking around too.

"Who are Kurapika and Leorio?" Asked Killua confused.

"They are a blonde guy and an old man. You'll see when we find them" I said as I imagined how Leorio would react if he heard me.

"Oh there they are!" Said Gon and rushed to them.

"Wait!" I said and told killua to come with us. He gladly came with me as we pushed through the crowd to meet the others.

After reuniting, Gon started talking with Killua while Leorio and Kurapika spoke. I was just running. Sometimes I joined in with both of their conversations but that was it. I wasn't really bothered to talk anyways.

 After about 3 hours of running, a lot of people started dropping on the floor because they were tired. We started hearing some pants coming from behind us. We looked back and saw Leorio panting and he was on the floor. We went up to him and he looked up at us.

"I'm...sorry....you....can....go on...ahead...I'm...done" he said in between breaths.

"I'm not leaving you here!" Gon said with a frown, which deepened when Tonpa stumbled up upon us.

"Hey" he greeted and smiled a shitty smile. I was disgusted by him but just shrugged it off.

"Hmmm he seems out of stamina why don't I pick him up and take him to this place where there is a scent that makes you stronger. Trust me I've done this test 35 times" he said as he pointed at himself. 

Kurapika nodded and looked at Gon, deciding to let him go.

"We'll meet again Leorio" he said as Tonpa took him away.

After they disappeared, I looked at the guys.

"I have a bad feeling about this" I said, to which they all nodded at, agreeing.