Chapter 45: Greed Island

It was the auction day and Zepile went out to buy us suitable clothes for the auction. He came back and handed us bags.

"Go wear it" he said and we nodded.

I walked into the room and looked inside the bag. There was a long black dress with a cut from the middle of the right thigh. I put it on and it fitted me perfectly. I rummaged through the bag and saw a box that had a pair of long silver earrings, a silver ring and a matching necklace. I rolled my eyes at Zepile's extra-ness and put them on. I put my hair and looked at the last item in the bag.

I scrunched my nose at the sight and sighed defeated. Heels.
1. I didn't like heels.
2. They were very uncomfortable and
3. I can't run in them.
What would happen if we suddenly met the Troupe or something. Then I heard a knock on my door.

"What?!" I asked.

"Are you ready yet?" asked Zepile.

"Do I really have to wear heels?" I whined.

"Yes. I knew you didn't like that stuff but the dress code says that you have to. Sorry" he said.

"Ugh!" I grumbled and put on the heels. I walked out and saw Gon, Killua and Zepile in their suits waiting for me.

"Took you long enough" said Killua.

"I have way more stuff to wear then you guys" I rolled my eyes.

"Y/N, you look very pretty" said Gon and smiled at me. That kid!

"Shut up" I said, blushing and started walking.

"Let's go" I heard Killua chuckle behind me. I ignored him and we reached the auction site.

"The auction is in Hall B" said Gon.

"That way. Over there" said Killua, and we followed him. We opened the door and it revealed the huge stage.

"Wow!" said Gon, looking around. Gon and Killua started walking then they looked back at me.

"Go I'll catch up" I said, crouching down and trying to fit my foot in properly in those damn heels. They nodded and walked down the stairs. I finished and looked up. Only to see Gon and Killua sprinting my way.

"Huh?" I said and looked closer and saw Phinks and Feitan in suits behind them.

"Oh shit!" I cursed. "This is what I was afraid of! I can't even run!" I said and stayed in my place. Killua realised this and ran towards me. He held me by the waist and picked me up and started running.

"Why are they here?" I asked.

"How would I know?!" shouted Killua. Then they suddenly stopped. I looked up and saw Phinks in front of us and Feitan was behind us. We were surrounded. Killua put me down and I sighed.

"Hey, That was cold. No need to run away" said Phinks.

"Don't worry, we're not gonna kill you" said Feitan.

"Because we can't kill the chain user now" said Phinks.

"Huh? What do you mean?" asked Gon.

"Huh? Didn't he use his chains on the boss? That means we can't kill him" said Phinks.

"Why not? Isn't it the other way round?" asked Gon.

"Nen doesn't necessarily disappear after death. Nen that's driven by hatred and regret can persists a long time after death. The Nen will direct itself toward the target of those emotions. Since the boss can no longer use Nen, he could be overwhelmed by the assault. Residual Nen can be quiet fearsome. That's why we can't kill the chain user" explained Phinks.