Chapter 3: The Lonely Cedar Tree

As soon as the captain waved us goodbye, Gon turned to me smiling.

"Hey do you mind if we go there together?" he asked excitedly.

"Sure, whatever" I replied and started moving. Then I saw Kurapika and Leorio. 

"The bus is that way, let's go" Leorio said pointing in the opposite direction of where we are going.

"The Captain said to go to that Cedar tree on top of that hill" said Gon pointing to the tree.

"Are you seriously gonna believe an old man? Let's go Kurapika" he said and looked at Kurapika.

"No, I'm sticking with Gon. You can go if you want" replied Kurapika. 

"How about you Y/N? Are you going with me?" Leorio asked hopefully.

"No. I'm going to the lonely tree" I said as I felt like we were being watched from behind.

"Okay then, it was nice meeting you good bye! See ya at the exam!" Said Leorio as he waved at us.

"Bye!!!!" yelled Gon after him.

"Let's go" I said as I started moving, being careful of whoever was watching us. Kurapika and Gon walked behind me.

We went up the hill, I noticed that the person who was watching us has left. That was weird. I shook it off until we heard someone groaning not far away from us. Gon rushed over to the sound and found a guy sitting there with their ankle injured. He called us over and demanded that we look for some herbs to help the guy.

"I don't care about this little shit, I'm going" I said, walking away.

"You said you'll come with us! You have to keep your promise!" said Gon.

"I don't remember promising you anything" I replied, but still waited until they were done.

"We're taking him with us" announced Gon.

"No way, he'll just slow his down. Leave his ass" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Y/N whats with your thinking. Hes someone in need, of course we cant leave him" said Gon, shaking his head. I clicked my tongue and started walking ahead of them. That's when I noticed something. He was the one who was watching us. He might do something and he's probably faking but I couldn't careless. 

The rest of the trip was pretty silent until we heard some panting. We all looked back, already knowing it was Leorio and then we kept on walking, ignoring him completely.

"Hey wait for me!" He yelled as he caught up to us and started telling us about the bus trip he took. 

After walking for ages, we reached an abandoned village. Looking around, we noticed some people running around with wigs on and singing. Doki doki doki doki

Then an old woman and the people wearing wigs came out and asked us if we were ready for the quiz.

We looked at her in bewilderment, confused as to what is actually happening. However, we were all snapped out of it when the guy that Gon brought with us got up and went over to the old lady.

 "Thanks for bringing me here friends" he said and started laughing then turned to the old lady. "So let's get this quiz over with shall we. And we aren't in a group so go ahead" he said as the old lady eyed him carefully.

"If you only had to save your mother or your lover, who would you choose?" She asked as she stared at us. I was a bit taken aback by the question and decided to think about it logically. I thought she'd ask more of a Hunter or fighting type of question, but obviously I was wrong.

"That's easy I will chose my mother because I can't replace her but I can always find another lover" he confidently explained his answer. The old woman stared at him INTENTLY. 
"You may pass" She said, moving out of the way. 

They guy looked back at us and gave us a shit-eating smirk. 

"Good bye" he said and waved. 

"It is your turn" said the old lady turning to us. "If your daughter and son were kidnapped and you could only choose one to save, who will it be?" She asked and gave us a serious look. 

I paused. Daughter? Son? Family? What a joke! I'm not answering these shitty questions. I'll find the Hunters Exam myself. 

Leorio looked around and started panicking. Kurapika was cut off by old woman when she told him that he could not speak. 

"5....4...3...2..." That's when Leorio lost it and took a stick and was about to hit the old lady but Kurapika stopped him. ". .1... okay that's it" She said.

"Leorio stop don't ruin our correct answer" Kurapika said. Leorio looked around confused then I spoke up. 

"Silence" I said and he looked at me as if I was speaking another language. 

Kurapika sighed and started explaining everything, that's when Leorio went up to the old lady and bowed his head. 

"Sorry for acting like and idiot and nearly killing you" He apologised. The old lady nodded and looked at us.

"Take this path." She said as she pointed to a long tunnel.

"It will take you 2 hours to get to the Cedar Tree. Under it live a nice couple that will show you the way to the Hunter Exam"  she said as we all thanked her and started to walk.  That's when we heard Gon sigh deeply and fall to the ground.

"Ahhhh it's no use I can't think of an answer" he said as he held his head.

"Gon, the quiz is finished we said the right answer" Leorio said and smiled at Gon. 

"I know but what if that happens to me in real life what would I do then?" He asked as he turned to me. 

"You can think about it when the time comes if you don't hurry we will leave you here" I said and started walking through the tunnel. Then they all started following me. We said our goodbyes to the old lady and started walking.

..................................................................................

We have been walking for about 2 hours and a half. I don't really mind but Leorio was constantly asking when are we gonna get there. I was on the verge of beating the crap out of him and leaving him here but I managed to control my actions. 

We finally got out of the tunnel after a long walk and walked some more until we reached the house. Leorio went and knocked, however there was no answer, he opened the door and to our surprise a guy was lying on the floor, horror covering his face and a huge creature holding a young woman and then flew off.

"My wife!" The young man called out. Kurapika looked at us and started giving out orders.

"Leorio go help the injured man! Y/N, Gon and I will follow the beast and take back the woman" We all nodded and we started running through the forest.
________________________________

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. The next chapter will be called:

-The Married Couple

Have a nice day. Byeee!!!