Chapter 33: Ging's Box

The next day, I woke up and saw Mito-san just waking up.

"Morning" I smiled.

"Good morning" She chirped and stood up making the bed. "You can go ahead and use the bathroom first" she said. I nodded and went in the bathroom.

Afterwards, I went downstairs and started helping Mito-san make breakfast. Even though she told me loads of times to not bother. A while later, the boys came downstairs and sat at the table.

"Good morning" they both said.

"Morning" I replied and started setting the table. After we were done eating we went into Gon's room.

"Ehh so it's a box" stated Killua.

"How do you open it?" I asked.

"I tired a bunch of methods, but it didn't open" said Gon.

"Mind if I use force?" Asked Killua.

"Go ahead" said Gon.

"Okayyy" said Killua and tried opening it."It's no use, this is no ordinary box" said Killua.

"We don't know what's inside so we can't break it" I said. We all started thinking. "Wait, you said your dad said to give this to after becoming a hunter, right" I said. He nodded. "Well then, what is one thing you only get when you're a hunter?" I asked.

"A Hunter's License!" Said Gon confidently. Me and Killua did the anime drop.

"You stupid, I meant Nen" I said.

"O-Ohh" said Gon rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. Gon used his Nen and the metal surrounding the box fell to pieces. And inside was another box.

"These are just normal steel panels, nothing was holding them together- oh look" said Killua.

"That pattern," I said.

"It's the same one on the promise thread that Wing-san gave me" said Gon.

"That was designed so it would snap if Nen was used. Meaning this is the same" I said holding one of the panels.

"Maybe we're supposed to use the card now" said Gon and inserted the card inside the space. The box opened.

"Bingo!" Said Killua. We looked inside the box.

"A ring" I said.

"A cassette tape" said Gon.

"And a memory card?" finished Killua.

"Well let's start with listening to the tape" said Gon getting up.

"Oh and can you copy it?" Asked Killua.

"Sure why?"

"Just to be safe"

Gon inserted the tape in and we sat patiently waiting for the sound to come on.

"Yo! Gon....So you became a hunter too. Anyway I have a question for you. Do you want to see me? If you do, keep listening. If you don't, press the stop button...I'm guessing that's a "yes". Then I'm asking you once more. Are you prepared? Hunters are selfish creatures, they're willing to sacrifice anything to get what they want. If you're only slightly interested in seeing me, you should stop the tape here. I'll give you a minutes to consider.... I guess you really want to see me...But I don't want to see you. I don't know how I could face you now. After all, I chose my own desires, over my parental duty. I'm a bad person. I'm guessing that by the time you listen to this tape, at least 10 years will have passed. But one thing hasn't changed. I'm still me. As you listen to this tape, I'm off doing reckless things. If you want to see me, find me. But as I said before, I don't want to see you, if I sense you nearby, I'll make myself scarce. Catch me if you can. You're a Hunter, right?.... Oh I forgot to mention something, it's about your mother. If you want to know more, keep listening, if you're not interested-"