Chapter 73: False Memories

"You have never set foot outside this house" said Tsurugi.

"W-What?" Sweat dropped down my forehead as I stared at the tall frame of Tsurugi. I've never been outside the house? What about all of the jobs I've done? What about-

"The last time you stepped out of this house was when Yutsu and Uncle brought you back after that whole incident"

"What about all the jobs I've been to? And the training? And the killing?"

"Ah, I understand now" he chuckled. "Come with me"

I got up and followed him, confused. Whilst we walked through the house, I got strange vibes, it's as if everyone was still alive... I shook it off and we went underground. We went through lots of doors and seals until we reached a room. Tsurugi opened the door and I looked inside.

"You were confined in here ever since you were 5" he said.

"I-I was?" I said, trying to organise my thoughts.

"Yeah. By your reaction, I guess you didn't know. You know Yutsu's power right?" He asked.

"He can alter memories"

"Close but not quite. Yutsu can do anything with memories; not just alter them. He can add years of false memories in someone if he's close enough with them" he said.

"You don't mean...." I gasped.

"Yeah. I can tell her now that she's awakened, right" he said, looking at the corner of the room.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked.

"Father" he replied.

"F-Father?!" I exclaimed, sweat dropping down my face. My jaw stayed open as I stared at Tsurugi in disbelief.

"I told you didn't I? Yutsu's power is terrifying" I was in a state of shock. I couldn't believe it. That means Father, Mother and Remi are still alive. But that means-

"I don't believe you" I said in a low voice.

"What?" he asked.

"I said I don't believe you! I saw them dead with my very own eyes! The blood was everywhere! I had nightmares for years after that, it was real! There's no way they're still aliv-"

"Y/N, I think it's time to explain everything" came a voice from the door. I turned around at the speed of light. That voice!

"M-Mother?!" I shouted, looking at the three figures in front of me. My jaw nearly dropped to the bottom of the floor in shock.

"Come with me" said Father and we all walked to the meeting room. I followed silently, partly because I didn't know what was going on.

"I'm sure you're aware of what happened to your Nen" started Father. I nodded in response.

"I'll tell you the whole story" said Mother and I nodded again. "Tsurugi already told you but I'll tell you again. When you were 3, your Nen appeared out of nowhere and took over your body and killed some people. We took you to another room and did a check on you. Silva and Leon thought it'd be a good idea to keep a watch on you and see what's going on with you. So we ran a few tests and it seemed like your aura was too strong for your body and it wanted to burst out. However, it responded to different situations differently. So we summoned Yutsu to change and add to your memories so it'll be easier to control" explained Mother.