Chapter 63: NIGG

We got up slowly from our squatted position and stared at the figure behind the tree. I looked over at Gon and back at the figure. Is it really Gon's dad?

"G-Ging" breathed out Gon and took a step forward. The figure turned around and got up. We stared intently at him.

All of a sudden, he appeared in front us in the blink of an eye. He punched Gon and Killua away and stood right in front of me. A little clown appeared in front of him, probably Nen, and started screaming some crazy things. The roulette landed on the number 4 and he screamed it out. The clown turned into a gun. Not knowing what to do, I stayed in my place, too nervous to move and fixed my eyes on the man with hat, my eyes widening and my sweat dropping.

"Damn. Bad Roll" he said and pointed the gun at me.

"Shut up! You should be grateful to me!" shouted the Clown. The man pulled the trigger and Killua jumped on to me and pushed me to the side. I landed on the floor, with him on top of me. My mouth was wide open as the man kept using the gun on the floor.

"You okay?" asked Killua. I looked up at him and gulped.

"Yeah.." my voice broke.

"Are you hurt?" came the voice of the man. The three of us whipped our heads at him. Did this bitch just-

He asked if we were okay when CLEARLY he was the one who pulled the trigger on us. He made his way towards us, the smoke from earlier covering his face. He took off the cape he was wearing and Gon's eyes widened.

"That isn't Ging..." said Gon, staring at the man's face.

"Oi, What was that about? First you push us then you fire at us? Enough fooling" asked Killua.

"Fooling? I was being dead serious. If I hadn't opened fire, you would've been attacked" he said.

"By what?! The ant you shot?" shouted Killua and got up.

"Ow" I let out a pained noise. I felt a sting coming from my collarbone. "What is this?" I said looked down. I scrunched my nose and tried pulling it out. I hate insects.

"Idiot!" shouted the man and took off his hat and threw it at the ant, pulling it out of my collarbone and throwing it on the floor. Blood went down my chest and I stared at my new shirt get ruined. "That's no ordinary ant. It's a Chimera Ant" he said.

"Chimera Ant?"

"An aggressive, carnivorous insect, currently under Class-1 quarantine. From time to time they even attack humans. Earlier you were standing right in front of its nest. Had I not fired, a Chimera Ant may have consumed you by now" he explained.

"I feel like this has happened before..." muttered Gon.

"Don't worry" he said, coming towards me and getting down to my eye level. "It's not serious. Apply this. It's an antibiotic" he said and gave me some type of liquid. I took the bottle from him and opened it.

"What? That's it? Lets go nuts, man" said the clown.

"Shut up....Go away" said the blonde haired male. "You should leave as well" he said getting up. "Damn it. Because of this interruption I have to start again. But the nest is destroyed. Damn it, forced to take another life!" he muttered, walking away from us.

"AH!" shouted Gon, scaring the shit out of me all of a sudden. We all stared at Gon, expecting something. Gon held his cheek and looked at the man.

"Are you...Are you the one who saved me back then?" asked Gon.

"Back then?"

"On Whale Island when I stumbled into the territory of the Foxbear and its cub!"

"Whale Island?"