Chapter 46: My Ability

I changed out of my clothes and wore a sports bra and shorts. I sat on my bed and started thinking.

"Hmm So I'm a Specialist" I said and drew the Hexagon. "The two categories that I am most compatible with are Manipulator and Conjurer...I want to use the 5 Elements as my power. But does that mean I'm basically conjuring them? If that's so then how do I Conjure stuff. Wait a second... I won't be able to learn conjuring 5 elements in four days...." I thought, rolling around in my bed.

"Hmm how about if I can conjure something and use it to conjure other stuff, just like Kurapika. If I can, say, conjure five rings and each one contains one of the five elements..." I thought then I stood up. 

"Hmm...I wonder how you can conjure stuff" I said. I then walked out of my room to get some water.  On the way back, I saw Kurapika in the corridor.

"What are you doing here? You should still be in bed" I said.

"Ah it's fine my fever broke. I came here to see how you're doing. I've already been to Gon, he told me everything" he said, smiling weakly.

"Oh....Hey Kurapika.." I said.

"Hm?" He asked.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure what?" We then went to my room and he sat on the sofa and I sat on the floor.

"You're a Conjurer, right?" I asked. He nodded.

"How did you manage to conjure your chains?" I asked.

"Well, I did lots of image training. Every day I would feel the chains, listen to them, smell them, draw thousands of sketches of them, dream about them. Then one time my master took away the chains and I had to start conjuring them. I started feeling them and stuff until I was able to conjure them" He explained.

"I see" I said.

"Why? Are you trying to conjure something?" He asked.

"Yeah" I nodded.

"But aren't you a Specialist?" He asked.

"I am"

"You shouldn't be thinking about other categories. You should master yours first then move to the ones you're most compatible with" he said.

"I know but...okay listen. I want to use the 5 elements as my power. And instead of focusing on each one at a time, I thought that if I can conjure an object that would link me to them, if you know what I mean" I said nervously.

"Hm...that's clever. But what kind of object?" He asked.

"I was thinking something like 5 rings and each one does something" I said quietly.

"I see." He said and drank some of his drink.

"Wait a second... You said that you started dreaming about the chains didn't you?" I asked.

"Yeah" He said.

"I don't know if this is connected to anything, but lately, ever since I started learning Nen, I would dream of different coloured roses. There were about 4 or 5, I'm not sure. Do you think that's a clue? Or is it just a silly dream?" I asked him. He looked kinda confused himself.
"Hm roses....What else does the dream contain?" He asked.

"If I remember correctly, in one of the dreams, I saw myself wearing the roses around my neck, like a necklace....aaand there were petals all around me" I said.

"Wearing them? Ah! Maybe it's a necklace that you should conjure, instead of rings. Afterwards you would start getting more clues" said Kurapika.

"Really?" I asked.