Chapter 68: Knuckle the Softie

Drenched in sweat, we continued going until the clock moved to signal that we have held our Ren for 3 hours straight.

"Okay! All done!" shouted Bisky, lifting her finger up. "You finally lasted 3 hours!"

We fell back and panted loudly. What a workout!

"We did it!" I said in between pants.

"That was hard!" replied Gon.

"I can't move an inch" said Killua.

"What are you talking about?" asked Bisky clapping her hands. "Stand up! Were going out"

"What?"

"Huh?"

"Where to?"

"To see Knuckle" she replied simply.

"W-Why?" we asked, getting up in unison.

"See? You can move. Lets go" she walked out.

"Tell us why were going to see Knuckle" demanded Killua.

"Jeez. Don't ask questions with obvious answers. To fight him"

"HUH?!" we shouted in shock.

"Okay! Let's go!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "We still have time. What if we lose?"

"You just try again"

"Huh?"

"Whether you win or lose doesn't matter. All that matters is who ends up with the tokens, right?"

"Yeah"

"Which means you must take theirs. If it looks like you'll lose, run. Then try again the next day. From here on, you'll practise your Ren for 3 hours a day. After that, you'll challenge Knuckle. And you'll continue until you win!" she announced.

We made our way into a park and walked towards Knuckle. He got up and faced us. We stared at each other, glaring.

"Is that Knuckle?" asked Gon, to which Killua nodded.

Knuckle frowned, a vein popping on his forehead.

"Guess they must not respect me..." he muttered, venom dripping from his voice and a dark aura surrounding him. He took steps towards us and we got ready to fight.

"If I'm being compared to a couple of kids, they must not think I'm very strong...EH?!" He shouted the last part, his hands in his pockets and glaring daggers at us. He looked like a high school delinquent if I'm gonna be honest, but let's leave appearances for later.

"A duel is a battle to the death. Serious business! It's best to fight 5 hours after a good night's sleep! So what's with you kids? You're worn out!" he scolded. "Were you just out swimming or something?! TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY!!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, taking a step closer to us until we had to lean backwards.

"You kids can never defeat me!" he said. We glared back at him angrily and increased the intensity of our Nen, however, we stopped abruptly.

My shocked expression turned into a confused one as I squinted my eyes to confirm if what I was seeing was right or not.

Tears welled up in the corner of his eyes as he sniffed.

"Are you crying?" asked Gon.

Knuckle realised this and stepped backwards. He wiped his eyes quickly.

"S-Stupid! W-Why would I cry?! I'm not upset about this! Th-Th-These are just, well, uh...Tears from laughing too much, fool! I'll kill you! Get it?! So don't tell anyone! " he shouted.