Chapter 18: Gon wakes up

After the Exam ended, they took us to this room where they started teaching us about how to use the Hunters License and whatnot. Even though everyone had passed, the atmosphere was very tense and no one spoke a word. I gritted my teeth, cursing at my brother for taking my memory away from me, maybe if I had it, things wouldn't have turned out this way. I shook my head and stared at the back of Illumi's head.

All of a sudden, the door opened and in came Gon.

"Gon" I said and he kept on walking down the stairs to where Illumi was sitting.

"Apologize" he said.

"What?" Asked Illumi.

"Apologize to Killua" he repeated.

"Why?" Said Illumi.

"You don't even know what you did wrong? Then you're not qualified to be his brother"

"Do you need qualifications to be a brother?"

"Do you need qualifications to be a Friend?" Asked Gon. Gon then took Illumi's arm and swung him up. Illumi landed on his feet.

"What are you gonna do?" Illumi Asked.

"I'm gonna bring him back"

"You make it sound as if he's been kidnapped"

"You guys are manipulating him so it's like kidnapping" answered Gon.

"Actually Gon, we have just started discussing this subject" spoke the chairman.

"Leorio and Kurapika have already lodged a formal complaint."

And then they started discussing about what happened. I didn't really pay attention, I looked out of the window and got annoyed after everyone started telling each other that they shouldn't have passed.

"Listen, what happened in the past, happened. What's important is that everyone here passed and Killua failed the exam, if you're not satisfied then go complain somewhere else. People have places to be and people to see I'm not bothered to hear you talk about something you can't change anymore, if you think you shouldn't have passed then go train until you think that, that's it. It's done" I said and sat down. I wasn't in the mood to hear them complain.

"Y/N's right, what happened, happened. All of you passed and Killua failed. And at this I can tell you that this year's Hunter Exam is done" said chairman Netero. And with that, I stood up and walked out of the room, everyone behind me. I sighed and put my license in my short's back pocket, I then waited for Gon and the others to come out.

"Let's go" I said and walked out. Gon had to stay so we waited for him outside.

"Lets go to the cafe and wait there" said Kurapika. Leorio agreed. We went and took a table and I put my bag down then faced them.

"Take care of my bag, I'm gonna go out quick, I'll be back" I said and smiled.

"Okay" they said and waved back.

I ran out to the garden outside and looked around.

"There he is" I said as I spotted Illumi talking to Hisoka. I walked towards them and stood in front of Illumi.
"Oh hello Y/N, what brings you here" Illumi Asked.

"You know exactly why I'm here" I said. He nodded.

"Why?" I breathed out.

"What?" He asked dumbfoundedly. I stared at him.

"I know all too well about brother's ability, and I know he used it on me, he wiped most of my memory and only kept a bit, like my family and uncle. That's it, so why did Killua forget about me?" I asked.