Chapter 49: Biscuit Krueger

"Y/N!!!!" I heard a voice calling me. I look back and see Gon and Killua running towards me.

"Look! We got the Sword of Truth card!" Said Gon excitedly.

"Nice! I got us some food" I said and gave them the bags.

"Yay! Y/N you're the best" said Gon and took the bag. We then started eating. Afterwards we got up and strolled around.

"The problem is how do we protect the card" Said Gon as he stared at it.

"We don't have any defensive spells cards" I said.

"W-Wait kids! H-Hand over the Sword of Truth card! Do as I say and I won't go rough on you" Stuttered a guy.

"No way, stupid" sang Killua and we started walking.

"Wait! Book" he said and summoned his binder. We turned around.

"Book" said me and Gon in unison.

"Hmph. You're bluffing. I know that you guys have just started the game. You have no defensive spells, and all you would have is your restricted slots is the Sword of Truth" he said and pulled out a card.

"This is Thief! It lets you steal one random card from another players restricted slots. Take this! Thief on! Attack Killu-" he said. He was interrupted when Gon stole his card from his hand and I kicked him in the mouth to stop him from speaking.

"Haven't you been training at all?" Said Gon. He then gave him the card back.

"Next time I won't return it" said Gon and walked back.

"You must be an amateur" Said Killua.

"I'm impressed you made it into this game" I shrugged. He stood up and wiped the blood from his mouth.

"But that was very educational. And attack spell won't work unless you finish the chant" said Killua.

"Th-That only works against weak players!" He said.

"Precisely" said another guy and walked in front of us, a number of people behind him, surrounding us.

"We're really unlucky. I'm sick of people coming to attack us. I have a headache" I said shaking my head.

"If you want a card, you take it from someone. Only fools would participate in tournaments. Understand, kids?" He said and took out a card.

Well, long story short, they took the card. We had no chance against them.

"I'm so pissed" said Gon and punched the wall.

"Just forget about it" I said.

"Those guys were obviously pros. At least we didn't waste too much effort" said Killua.

"Damn it! Then I'm gonna start getting spell cards!" said Gon determinedly.

"Then that means our next destination is Masadora, City of magic" I said and stood up.

"No objections" said both boys. And with that we started walking over to our new destination.

"Those four Galgaida cards netted us 120,000 Jenny" said Killua, as we walked out of a shop.

"They were pretty valuable" I said.

"Now we don't need to worry about money. Let's buy some food and water so we can start heading to Masadora" said Gon.

"First we'll need a map" I said. And then we headed to another shop to buy one.