Chapter 70: Date Gone Wrong

After waking up, I rolled my eyes at the stupid dream and yawned. Getting out of bed, I made myself look presentable and walked down the stairs expecting to see Gon and Killua training. However, I was met with something quite different.

On the ground were hundreds of dolls of whom I presume were Gon and were all ripped to shreds by someone named Palm, I guess. Gon and Killua were standing in front of me talking with Palm.

"Gon, you should stay away from her!" I heard Killua whisper.

"Don't interrupt us! This is something the two of us must decide alone" said Palm, blushing.

"You just want an excuse to say that!" shouted Killua.

"What's going on? Why aren't you both training?" I interrupted, smirking. Gon and Killua both turned around and they instantly smiled.

"Y/N!!!" said Gon, running up to me and jumping on me. I hugged him back and ruffled his spiky hair.

"So you've finally awoken" said Killua.

"I needed my beauty sleep" I smiled.

"You slept so much that you started rotting" he replied. I gave him a confused look, demanding an explanation. "You've been knocked out for 6 days" he replied.

"SIX?!" I choked. "THAT MEANS I MISSED THE DEADLINE!"

"About that..." laughed Gon.

"We lost against Knuckle and Shoot and now Gon has to go on a date with Palm to apologise for breaking the promise. Also, Gon cant use Nen for a month" said Killua.

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed. "I sleep for a while, and all of this happens?! I wonder what would happen if I'd died" I sighed.

"Anyways you be quiet! We have to go out! There is somewhere I want to go" said Palm.

"Oh. Sorry. I can't go out today" apologised Gon. "Today I have to train with Killua and Y/N...I know, you can train with us, Palm!"

"Huh? What are you talking about? Didn't you say we'll go out?" she asked.

"Uh-huh" nodded Gon.

"THEN WHY ARE THEY COMING WITH US?!" shouted Palm angrily. "AND TRAINING?! ARE YOU TOYING WITH ME?! THIS IS A DATE! OUR FIRST DATE! A DATE FOR US! THE! FIRST! DATE!"

"But it isn't a date" replied Gon simply.

"HUH?!"

"We can have a proper date later. Since it's our first date, like you said. And I need time to prepare for it too" he said. With a couple of words, he made her shut up instantly. What a charming young man.

"Prepare? Prepare for what?" asked Palm.

"That's a secret! You'll get to see tomorrow" he smiled.

"Oh. In that case it's fine" said Palm, dropping the kitchen knife. "Really! If you'd just explained earlier then I wouldn't have gotten so angry"

"Sorry about that. But I wanted to keep it a secret, to surprise you"

"You wanted to surprise me? Gosh..." Palm acted like a high school girl that was just asked out by her crush. I chuckled at the pair and smiled.

"Y/N can you train?" asked Gon. 

"Yeah" I nodded. "Why are you asking?" 

"Well, you were asleep for nearly a week so I thought maybe something happened to your body and you need some rest" he replied. 

"Nah, it's fine! I've had loads of rest and I'm fine" I smiled. 

"That's good then" he chuckled and we both high-fived.