Chapter 78: Not all are bad

Aira appeared by my side and sat on my shoulder. Holding onto my hair in case she gets thrown, she whispered a plan into my ear. I nodded at her before summoning roses in both my hands and sprinting towards the two creatures. 

Astrid had her hands full with the spider's thick saliva, slicing through it repeatedly. She was too focused on the wall in front of her that she didn't notice the secondary attack coming from the spider. 

I jumped on her shoulders and placed my hands in front of me. The white roses exploded and sent a wave of air at the wall of saliva, breaking it down. 

Astrid sent a smile towards me before using the blades in her arms to attack the spider. I jumped down and ran into the forest. The aim was to circle them and attack it from the back. 

I used my vines to swing from tree to tree. Once I was directly behind, I began summoning a large amount of roses. 

After I had about twenty or so, I tied them all to the vines and began sprinting towards the spider. Once I reached it, I threw the vines over it and held it in place. 

"Astrid!" I called out. 

She eyed me for a moment before opening her wings and sending many tiny blades downwards. The spider struggled under my hold and began secreting its poison from its pores to melt the vines. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I said, glaring down at the spider with eyes full of disgust and repugnance. 

"I cant believe you would betray the King like that, Astrid," he shouted, staring up at her, who was still swatting her wings. 

"I am doing this for the sake of my best friend. I don't care about anything else," she replied, stopping momentarily and staring at him. "Anyone who lays a finger on my best friend shall die," Her eyes were threatening and full of rage. Frankly, if she was my opponent, I'd be scared. But that isn't the issue right now. 

"Astrid, hurry up," I shouted, gritting my teeth. The damned spider was very strong. It was taking everything in me to make him stay in place. My plan was to make the roses explode at him, but that wasn't so easy. Since I made a lot this time, I had to wait until they absorbed enough air. That's why, in the mean time, I had Astrid distract it with her blades. And she was doing a pretty good job. 

It took another minute before they were finally ready to explode. My vines were semi-soaked with poison at this point and it was quickly trailing the vines and getting to my hands; I had to execute the plan before the poison reached me. 

I tugged on the vines and stared up at Astrid, giving her the signal. She nodded and flew away. 

An explosion rang through the forest as each part of the spider chimera ant flew in different directions. I flinched at the nauseating site before pulling back my vines. A sigh escaped my lips as I threw the DIY mask and gloves away. My eyes trailed up to the sky, looking for my next target.

Now for Astrid.

Something shifted behind me. Swinging my head backwards, my eyes widened as the spider's head sprang from the floor towards me. Before it could reach my neck, I placed my arm in the way in that last minute. It's sharp fangs sank deeply into my skin, making me grit my teeth in pain and shock. 

I slammed my fist on it, hoping that will make it move but nothing happened. My eyes met its eyes. It was preparing to inject poison in me. Definitely. 

I know that most poisons don't effect me, but a poison from a chimera ant is different. I couldn't take my chances. 

I began slamming my arm into trees, stabbing the head and stepping on it. But nothing happened. It was still firmly stuck to my arm.