Chapter 8: Arriving at the Third Phase

"Ahhhh" I said as I came out of the bath. "That totally felt good". I wrapped a towel around my self and came out of the bathroom. Wearing my clothes, I decided to head out to see what the boys were up to. I walked through the dining room and saw Kurapika and Leorio drinking coffee.

"Hey" I said and sat next to them.

"Hi Y/N. Where were you?" Leorio asked.

"Oh I was having a bath. It was very relaxing" I said and stretched.

"looks like you enjoyed it" said Kurapika and smiled.

"You bet" I said and smiled back. "Anyways have you seen Gon or Killua anywhere?" I asked. They both shook their heads at me and I nodded. "Okay then I'm gonna go look for them" I said and stood up. I waved them good bye to which they returned.

"Hmmm let's see...Where could they be?" I muttered, looking around. I heard some sounds coming out of a room so I went to peek out of curiosity. Gon and Killua were openly attacking Netero-san. What the hell are they doing? I opened the door and everyone's heads turned around.

"Y/N!" Said Gon and ran up to me.

"Gon, Killua. Why are you attacking Netero-san?" I asked sternly and placed my hands on my hips.

"We-" started Gon but got interrupted by Netero him self.

"It's a challenge, Y/N. If they can take the ball from me, I will give them their Hunter Licenses without doing the exam" he explained. I looked curious. "Do you want to join?" He asked.

"Well....I don't mind" I said, shrugging.

"YAY!  Now we have extra power that will help us" said Gon and fist pumped into the air. I smiled at how childish he is and leaned on the wall.

It was Gon's turn and me and Killua were observing Netero's movements. After Gon got tired he switched out with Killua. Killua was very fast and he had good techniques. Then after it was my turn. I walked across to Netero-san and he laughed.

"Let's go" he said. I smiled and walked in front of him. I looked at the ball and took a deep breath. I glared at the ball and jumped as fast as I can and tried to catch the ball. I felt Netero hesitate but then move. If I was only half a second fast I would've got it.

"Wow. With that promising talent you could become a Hunter like this" Netero-san said and clicked his fingers. I smirked and glanced at Gon and Killua.

"I'm just getting started" I replied and kept on trying and trying. Unfortunately I couldn't get it but there were many times where I was close to getting it.

"Y/N! Let's switch out" called out Gon from the side.

"N-No don't go in. I have a plan" I said as I panted. They looked at me, curiosity covering their faces.

"So, what is it?" Asked Killua. After I regained my breath, I told them the plan.

"It's not really much of a plan but what we really need to do is work together. And then..." I whispered. They smiled and then stretched

"Ready boys" I said as I walked in front.

"You bet" they said in unison.

I went first and started attacking then Gon attacked Netero-san from the bottom and Killua gave us support from the other side. After about 10 minutes we started panting. Killua took his shirt off and stared walking away. He looked a bit annoyed.

"Hey, Killua where are you going?" Gon asked.

"There is no point trying to take the ball away from him." He said, sighing.

"What do you mean?" Gon said confused.

"I mean he didn't even use his right leg or left hand (I think that was the order sorry I can't remember) and you expect to take the ball off of him. Just give it up Gon" said Killua. I glanced at Killua and then walked towards Gon.

"Let's go Gon. Let him go" I said and put my hand on his shoulder. Gon looked unsure but nodded. Unfortunately we couldn't get the ball but still it was fun. After that I went to my room and slept.

................................................

I woke up in the morning and went to look for the guys and found them talking to each other in the cafe.

"Good morning" I greeted, sitting next to Kurapika.

"Good morning Y/N" they said.

"Are we there yet?" I asked as I looked around.

"10 minutes left" answered Killua. I nodded and then we started talking about random stuff.

We arrived shortly after and got out of the aircraft. I looked around and realised that we were on top of a huge tower.

"Hello everyone" said a little green guy.
"I'm Beans. The chairman's (secretary?). This is gonna be the location of the Third Phase. You have 72 hours to complete this phase. Your aim is to reach the bottom before the time's up. Good luck" he said.

I looked at the boys and sighed.

"Time to get to work." I said and stretched, earning nods from them.

________________________________

Hello. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter..

Next chapter:

- The Third Phase