16. Harsh

Here y'all. Sorry for the wait , school has officially started and it's already hectic😭

Are y'all in school?

Julian

        "I already have my bags packed" I stated excitedly, punching the air

"I already have my bags packed" I stated excitedly, punching the air. "I'm not missing this trip, the permission is already turned in my nigga"

Every year, the school would pop out with the most randomness over night trips. Most of them were free , including the hotel rooms, breakfast, lunch , and dinner. They lasted for a weekend and would cut into the first half of the school day, depending on when we get back on the road.

"Myrtle beach is the shit yo. This will get me some alone time with Rebecca" Nathan said rubbing his hands together, coping birdman. "It's finna be on and popping"

I gave him a side-eye, smacking my lips. "You know how them teachers be tripping about curfews and not mixing genders" I countered earning a bore expression from him. He blew a big bubble of the pink gum that lost flavor quickly for no reason.

"No one follows that shit, that's why ole' girl ended up pregnant. Them teachers don't be stunting us passed ten o'clock"

Nodding, I dapped him up, saying my goodbyes to the rest of the teammates. Practice had let out early today and I could finally be home at a reasonable time. Hopping inside the car, I turned on the engine, my phone instantly connecting to the Bluetooth speaker. I searched through my apps, searching for Spotify , skimming through my playlists my finger landed on the Real Nig Playlist.

I bounced up and down in my seat, jamming to Ready by Lil Baby x Gunna. The sunlight beamed directly inside the car, making me shield the light with my free hand. "Trynna blind a nigga out here, damn"

Turning into the neighborhood, I watched the older neighbors peep their heads out the window. The one across the street from my house, perked up, seeing my car pull into the driveway. She squinted her eyes as if she was trying hard to figure out who I was. That women was definition of nosy, I had gotten in trouble on many occasions because she to busy wondering who's at my crib instead of watching golden girls or something.

I furrowed my eyes, seeing a familiar car outside the house but quickly let out a curse word in frustration. Flinging the book bag on my shoulder, I walked towards the front door, seeing Laura sitting on the porch occupied on her phone.

Laura wore a simple natural makeup look instead of her dramatics. Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail, instead of straight it was in tight curls. Of course she would wear the style that attracted me in the first place while sitting on my doorstep. She pushed herself up from off the floor, holding a brown cardboard box. "I wanted to return all your stuff" she said sheepishly, avoiding any chance of eye contact with me.

I looked at her oddly, taking the box out her hand. "Thanks I guess" I responded looking at her concerned. "Are you okay"

She slammed herself down on the ground, holding her head in her hands. She started sniffling and it quickly turned into a full load of sobbing. I stood awkwardly in the corner, not knowing how to approach the situation, I didn't even know her reasoning for crying. "Laura what's the issue man" I said in more so irritated, I just got home and I didn't wanna deal with this bullshit. "You good or nah"

Laura met my gaze, shaking her head. The tears couldn't stop flowing out her eyes. She had her legs up against her chest, her arms wrapped around them, laying her head in the mini cocoon for comfort. "I can't keep living like this, we need to get back together. I really do miss you"

"Miss me? Girl you is a lie" I said, crossing my arms. "You've been out her living your best life. I'm sure you've made enough sex tapes to make you a lifetime living"

She gave me a unpleasant look, seeming offended. Her eyes turned from the innocent , forgiving expression to a cold-hearted clear. I could tell bringing up the camera ordeal really ruffles her feathers for some reason.

No one told you that shit was cute

"Can you stop bringing that up" she asked in a agitated tone and she held up her index finger. "Secondly, don't act like you haven't been seen with anyone"

"Me and Ronnie only had one date, you've been going out back to back with different dudes almost every weekend." I retorted in a dismissive tone. One thing I hated is that she'll always try to turn something around to play victim. That was her way of trying to guilt me into thinking I'm moving on to fast and that I e never truly been into her. "I WANT YOU TO GET THE FUCK OFF MY PORCH" I yelled , my blood slowly starting to boil.

       Laura flinched out at my sudden outburst, yet she continued to stay on the porch. I grabbed a hold of her arm, gently pulling her down the two stairs. "Don't come back, we have nothing to discuss." She sat there in a pool of tears and pouted as if that was suppose to change my mind or view on the situation. She shyly looked back at me, slowly dragging her feet towards her car. Stopping in the middle of the driveway, she turned around. "Are you going on the trip this weekend"

"Yea why" I questioned.

Laura shook her head quickly. "Just asking"

Opening the front door, I closed it back being faced with my mom. She sat on the couch trying to pretend she's been reading the book the whole time. "You heard it all, stop trynna fake read"

She chuckled, putting the book down and standing up. "You were a little harsh don't you think" she asked, placing her hands on her hips. "Don't be that way towards that poor girl"

I waved her off. "You don't know the real reason why we broke up. I was a harsh but she doesn't deserve any leeway from what she did"

I could clearly tell my mother wanted me to open up more about the situation, but it wasn't happening. Believe it or not I still felt some type of way about her whole affair thing that happened. It hurt knowing that she didn't give a second thought about everything she'd be losing by pulling a stunt like that. "Imma just leave it at that"

Her eyes looked down at the ground, sadly.