5. On the Low

Julian

           I felt like I was walking on eggshells, wondering how to approach the situation

I felt like I was walking on eggshells, wondering how to approach the situation. I thought of a secret place, we could go, secluded from everyone else. I didn't want to say the wrong thing and have her bash me in front of the whole junior class. Reaching in my locker, I took out a bag full of snacks that she liked to eat. A few days ago, I asked Nathan what her favorite snacks was to make this go easier than expected.

       Tapping her on the shoulder, she stopped her conversation with Aubrey, facing me. Her attitude managed to go from zero to a hundred in the matter on seconds. She took a deep breath, looking me up and down. "Can I help you" she asked in a sharp tone. Instead of answering, I grabbed her hand, dragging her down the hallway beside me in the teacher's lounge. "Umm people have eyes, I don't need anyone seeing us walking into a room together."

       I smirked, shaking off her shenanigans. "Insulting me , is not gonna brush your feelings away hon. You know you would love being alone with me" I teased playfully tugging a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm playing"

    She kept a straight face. "Does your girlfriend your 'playing' like this with other females around the school building." She asked unamused. "Save the bullshit, the hell are you trynna talk to me for"

    I sighed, seeing that my charm wasn't gonna work on her compared to others. "Listen, I came off a little harsh in the pool, I apologize. It's just that Ms.Johnson told me that it's mandatory for you to help me, it's apart of your grade. Secondly, I really need the help, I gotta stay in the games in order for us to win"

She took the bag of candy from my hand, observing the different snacks inside. Moving the bags around, her eyes lit up , seeing her favorite munchies all in one setting. Turning around, she sat it on the table, revealing a small smirk. "Thanks for the snacks, but I think the team will be okay without you. I've seen better players" she shrugged, not amused with my reasoning.

Popping down in the chair, I sat in defeat, watching her smack on some jolly ranchers. Cursing under my breath, this was the last resort or I had to find someone else. Laying my head on my wrist, I smirked. "I'll pay you, twenty dollars a section"

Natalie still didn't seem satisfied. "I'm not interested in taking half of your paycheck, keep your change. I'll help you out but don't be on some bullshit. We can start Thursday, when I don't have practice"

Offended by her shade, I put my hand over my heart. Instead of calling her out, I nodded in response. Under no circumstances did I ant to say anything that would make her change her decision. I needed this grade and so did she, if she wanted to past this semester.