Chapter Twenty Eight - Maybe she will remember

Heeey! Just a warning that this chapter can be VERY emotional at times.. & I put a lot of emotion that I didn't know I had into this chapter aha ! Tell me what you think...

Liam’s POV

“Then what do you think caused the bruises?” I asked as I eyed him. “There was only one thing that I could think of that could’ve caused it” Zayn said as he looked me in the eyes.

“And what’s that?” I questioned him. “Well after we uh, bashed her” “Harry and I went over to my house as we always do on Fridays” Zayn said as he continued to look me in the eyes.

“And Nate went the opposite way than we did” Zayn said as he dropped his stare from my eyes and stared at the ground.

“So you think Nate-“ I got cut off by Zayn said “yeah”.

He raped her? Nate raped her..?
“Why didn’t she tell me?” I mumbled. Why didn’t she tell us? I thought she was finally opening up to us and not keeping secrets but then this happens.

“What’s up with you lately?” Niall asked as he sat next to me. “I-I think Kate got uh... Raped?” I said but it came out more as a question. As soon as I said that Niall tensed up beside me. Why did I tell Niall!? Im so stupid. I don’t even know if it’s true yet.

“OPEN THE DOOR, GET ON THE FLOOR, EVERYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR” Louis yelled as he walked in the room, holding Kate bridal style. “Kate?” I said as Louis placed her across from me on the other couch.

“Yeah?” She answered. “What exactly happened?” I questioned her. Obviously she knew what I was talking about because her face dropped.

“From the start?” Kate questioned. “Yeah” I replied. “Well... the bell had gone and I went to go meet Lou at the front of the school” She said as she forced a smile.

“But as I was walking there I saw Ashley, Brooke and their group. So I went the back gate” She said as she stared at her feet.

“Why would you do that!?” Louis yelled. “I-I was stupid” She said as she wiped away a tear that was falling down her face.

“Im sorry for yelling but that’s not safe when your alone” Louis said in a calmer voice. “Can Kate just finish!?” Niall butted in. “Sure” Louis said as he sat back in his seat.

“As I was walking, I was replying to the text Niall had sent me when someone took my phone from me” Kate said as she kept wiping her tears away.

“And when I turned around it was uh... Harry, Nate and Zayn” She said as she dropped her gaze from Niall and stared at the ground. “Nate pushed me over” “And kept hitting me in the gut” She said as more tears fell from her face.

“Then Harry hit me in the gut and in the face” “And the whole time Zayn wouldn’t look at me” She said as she sat upright. “And Nate kept whispering something to Zayn and then I got punched in the face” “I don’t know who it was but it hurt” She said with pain in her voice.

“Most things went blurry after that and the last thing I remember was seeing Harry walk away with Zayn” She said as she started crying again.

“Come here” I said as I motioned her to come and sit next to me. When she sat down I wrapped my arms around her and tried to calm her but it wasn’t working.

I looked at Niall and Louis and they both looked angry and that was probably because of when she just told us. Niall was also starting to cry and Im guessing that’s because Kate’s crying.

I looked back at them and noticed they were both upset but also sending me draggers at the same time? Seriously!?

I know they both like Kate but all im doing is comforting her. Nothing more. Nothing less.

“Kate” “Can I talk to the lads for a minute?” I asked her. “Yeah” She said as she got up and wiped her face. “I’ll be in my room if you need me” Kate said as she left the room.

“Liam thinks Kate was raped” Niall blurted out. Nice way to say it, Niall. “WHAT” Louis yelled. “You had to say it like that didn’t you!?” I said as I sighed. “By who?” Louis said calmer then the first time.

“By Nate” I said as I sat back in my chair. “When?” Louis questioned me. “When she went missing” “I was talking to Zayn an-“ Louis cut me off by saying “Why?”. “Louis can you please let me finish before you question?” I asked frustrated. “Fine” Louis mumbled.

“Well I kinda walked into Zayn when I was picking up the pizza” I said as I looked from one lad to the other. “And we talked and he said he doesn’t want to hurt Kate anymore” I said as I forced a smile.

“Then he said that night him and Harry walked over to his house and Nate went the other way” I said as I sighed. “And we think that’s when he uhh... raped her”.

“How are you sure Harry and Zayn went to Zayn’s house?” Niall questioned. “It was Friday. Every Friday Harry stays at Zayn’s house. They NEVER miss it for anything” Louis said as he stood up.

“Are you sure of this?” I questioned Louis. “Yeah! I know because I use to stay at his house every Friday” Louis said as he looked at me with hopeful eyes. “Louis. I. Love. You.” Niall said as he laughed.

“But if he did rape her than why hasn’t she told us?” Louis questioned. “I think she has a bit of memory loss” I said as I stared at her feet. “That would explain why she was a bit weird at the hospital” Niall added in. “She was?” I asked him.

“When Louis was asleep and you were at the cafeteria” “She was asking if you were okay and why we were in the hospital” Niall said as he stared at the wall. “And when I told her she was in hospital because of an accident she giggled and said no” he said as he looked confused.

 How

 “Obviously some of her memory came back already because she said that was the last thing she remembered before it all went blank” Louis added in. “But wait” I said as I looked up at the lads. “She remembers passing out? If she went unconscious after that, that means she won’t remember what happened” I said matter-of-factly.

“Maybe she will remember?” Louis said hopeful “Just to be sure” He added in. “Im actually hoping that she doesn’t remember” “Its will hurt her more than us” Niall said. I looked over at him and he looked like he could cry again. He looked so pained and I felt so bad for him.... Seeing the girl he loves in this state.

Niall’s POV

“Niall” “Everything will be okay and she will be alright as long as the three of us are here” Liam reassured me.

I was about to say something when we heard someone scream? Kate? Louis, Liam and I got up and ran to her room and saw...

Thanks for reading ! Need at least 150 votes for the next chapter... Could we try and get over 200 again? My favorite comment gets a dedication! xx