Chapter 59 - The same Kate

Kates POV

"I didn't think you kissed the girls you hate and yet where were we yesterday" I snap back.

The nerve of this boy, laughing at me for being drunk. The nerve. Im standing here expecting a rude remark or even a slap across the face but instead he laughs and breaks out into a smile.

The heck.

"Feisty" Harry laughs, mostly to himself because I'm just starring at him in shock.

"Don't look so angry" Harry says through his laughs. "Maybe drink some more?" He suggests and I shrug.

Not sure if drinking around Harry is my smartest option.

'but then again when did I make smart decisions?' I thought to myself as I quickly finish up the drink in my hand and grab another.

Harry is starring at me with an amused face and Im just standing here unsure of whether to walk away or continue to hold this almost conversation with him.

He looks good tonight. He always does but I'm not sure if its the alcohol or the fact that he's not hating on me thats making him look a lot more attractive. He's wearing jeans and a jacket. Really suiting the all black look.

"Come for a walk?" Harry asks suddenly, breaking me out of my trance. I was hesitant but I still nodded and let him drag me through the kitchen and out the back door.

Were walking down the back stairs, the further I go from the party the more the music starts to get softer. I can still feel the thumping inside the house though.

He drags me over to the back area that Zayn has labelled as 'off limits'. Zayn put a boundary on his party as inside only and because of this there's only 2-3 people littered outside, most of them having a smoke or standing with people who are.
Harry lets go of my arm and starts walking over to the backyard chair swing.
"You coming?" He asks as he takes a seat. I follow and take a seat beside him. For a moment we sit there quietly, nobody saying anything. Harrys about to say something when a gust of wind comes and I let out an  involuntarily shiver.

"Are you cold?" Harry asks and starts to take his jacket off all while I'm shaking my head. I do NOT want Harrys jacket. Thats too much, I try to convince myself but Harry is not taking no for an answer and puts the jacket over my shoulders. I instantly feel warmer but I'm never going to admit that to him.

"Thanks" I mumble after a moment of silence. Were just sitting here quietly, only the low music in the background and the sound of harry swinging us can be heard.

I turn my head to take a proper look at him which is when I noticed he's looking back at me. My eyes flick to his arm where I see a tattoo peaking out from underneath his tight white shirt. Before I can stop myself, I reach out and slowly start to trace the tattoo outline on his arm. When did he get a tattoo?

As if harry can read my mind he goes "got it about 2 weeks ago" and I nod. I had never seen it before. Harrys not even old enough to get a tattoo.

I stop tracing it which Harry takes as his cue to take his arm back and slowly put it behind me. He's not touching me but I can feel the presence of it there.

And suddenly I want to kiss Harry.

Where did this all come from? I hate Harry and now Im thinking like this. Snap out of it Kate, when did Harry ever make your life easier. He's always made it harder.

He sees my gaze has dropped to his lips and his smirk thats almost always on his face, makes an appearance. I blush when I realise that I was caught, how awkward.

"Do I have something on my lips, Kate?" He asks me. His voice is low and slow with a hint of amusement in it.

That makes me blush more. This boy makes me a mess.

I just shake my head, not trusting my voice, knowing it will give out.

He leans in closer but moves his lips towards my ear
"Don't worry love, I want to kiss you too"

I choke on air somehow and shift slightly. Why am I so obvious. He's cool, calm and collected and I'm flustered.

He pulls back and watches my reaction. When he sees my pink cheeks and my slight awkwardness he chuckles.

"You're still the same Kate I used to know" He adds with a slight smile and I nod in agreement.

Its true. I haven't changed much. Only real things that have changed are my friends and family situations but hey thats not a big flex.

"The same Kate I used to date" He adds softly. My eyes snap straight up to him, unsure of whether I heard what I think I heard. When his eyes met mine, is when I realised I was in fact correct in my assumption.

His smirk is gone and he's smiling at me softly. A side of Harry that I haven't seen in years and when he mumbles something about how I look good in his jacket is when I decide to be bold enough to lean in.

Im not sure if its the alcohol or the fact he's reminding me of what we were or the fact that he's starring at me so fondly but I decided I didn't want to sit around and wait for him.

We both lean in and our lips connect and unlike last time, it feels like it means something. Its slow and passionate and his hand comes up to the side of my face and he slowly rubs the side of my face with his thumb.

He moves both his hands down to my waist before lifting me up and onto his lap so that i'm straddling him. We don't break the kiss and his hand resumes its previous position and mine get tangled in his hair.

He breaks the kiss and runs his lips down the sides of me neck, kissing and gently biting down.

Nothing could ruin this moment or how good this feels, thats what I thought anyways.

"Kate what the fuck" Is heard loudly from the distance. I turn around and see Louis standing on the back porch with Jordan standing behind him. Louis looks pissed and Jordan slightly confused but she still does a thumbs up and whispers something to Louis.

Whatever it was didn't work as he storms over to the swing. This isn't going to be good is all I can think as I slowly get off of Harrys lap and stand up and he stands besides me.

Louis approaches the swing, dragging Jordan behind him.

AHHH! Thankyou for the love on the last chapter <3 next one will be up soon lovelies! Please remember to vote and comment