Chapter 57 - Talk about awkward

Kate's POV

"Thank you for today and the lift" I say slightly smiling as I hop out of Harrys car.

"Its all good" He smiles back.

I look at the apartment in front of me and sigh when I realise the story I'm going to have to make up to get myself out of this. Its not like I hung out with just anybody, I hung out with Harry Styles. The Harry Styles who has bullied me relentlessly for years and yet I still was stupid enough to ditch Niall for him.

I wave as I shut the door and start the small walk to the apartment. What to say. I grip the door handle and take one last big breath before I twist it and step into the apartment.

"Im home" I yell as I walk in trough the door and towards the living room. As soon as my head popped through the door I was met with 3 very different expressions.

Niall looked kinda sad but also kinda relieved?
Liam looked flat out mad. Great.
Louis looked... confused? Salty? Im unsure.

"Where have you been?" Liam ask sternly as he stands up and walks towards me. He stands right in front of me with his arms crossed.

"With a friend" I mumble lowly as I look towards the floor. He looks so angry.

He turns around and points towards the kitchen and yells out to the two boys and they quickly get up and head for the door. Great and there goes my backup

Surely he can't be mad at me for hanging with a friend right? I don't have to tell him exactly who it is.. Do I?

"Who were you with" He says after a moment of silence. Wow he's really out here trying to figure it out. I stayed quiet but the look on his face was getting worse and worse and oh my.

"Ok ok" I start and put my hands up as a surrender. "I was with Jordan" I add after thinking for a moment.

He can't get mad about Jordan. I have no bad history with her. I smile to myself thinking about how my A+ lie can't backfire. Then I realised I just lied to one of my best friends and suddenly now I feel bad.

His anger started to leave and his voice softened when he asked who Jordan is. I replied with "a girl from school, ask Louis he knows her".

"Wait whys Louis here?" I asked after a moment of silence. Louis literally slammed my hand in a locker like 2 days ago? Then telling me he's best friends with Harry and Nate again and has the nerve to come back here?

"Why wouldn't he be?" Liam asked me, seemingly confused.

I start explaining to him what happened with Louis a few days ago and then suddenly he's turning around and running towards the kitchen. GREAT here we go again.

I quickly follow behind him and run in standing next to Niall just in time to see Liam grab Louis by the shirt and pull him closer. Damn Liam loves me.

"How can you walk in here and act like what you did to Kate didn't happen" Liam harshly yells in Louis' face. I look down at my hands, suddenly finding them the most interesting thing in the world.

"What happened?" Niall asks quietly in my ear, definitely confused and out of the loop.

I hold up my hand that Louis has previously jammed in my locker and show him the bruise on it. Niall tensed up and I grabbed the side of his arm to calm him down and it worked. He no longer seemed like he was going to punch Louis out.

"I uhhhh" Louis stammered. Yeah now whose the girl here Louis I snort.

"She trusted you and you do this to her. Here I thought you were trying to change Louis" Liam lectured and I smiled. He really does care for me more than my actual family.

"I uhhhhh, Im sorry Kate. I really am" Louis turned to me and said. His voice lowered and he added "I really am trying to change for you".

"Louis" I start but I stop, unsure of what to say next.

The last few months have been insane. I'm trying to trust and I'm trying to not forget but forgive Louis for the past but man its hard when one day he wakes up and can be a completely different person from the day before.

"Its okay" I end up saying, forgiving him for the last few days. He comes over and wraps his arms around my body making me instantly feel warm. He always did that, his hugs made me feel loved.

He starts to drag me out of the kitchen and I look up in time to see Niall and Liam whispering, looking deep in thought. That can't be good.

Louis drags me back into the living room and onto the couch. Im about to sit-down next to him when he grabs onto my hips and moves me onto his lap.

I look at him confused. What is Louis doing

"I needed to ask you something but I didn't want Niall and Li to hear" He says after looking at my confused face.

Louis. I could've sat next to him for a question though? Im sitting sideways on his lap with both his arms wrapped around my sides to hold me there.

I turn to face him and he's staring at my face and I smile. He opens his mouth into a cheeky grin and winks. My stomach has turns, Louis what are you doing to me.

We are just staring at each other for another minute before I ask him what he wanted to ask me.

"Yeah about that" His grin wipes off his face as he starts talking.

"You kissed Zayn?" He asks shortly after, seeming more serious than our previous conversation.

I nod my head.

"Yeah I did" I admit as I look away from his eyes. "I don't even know why" I add and he shakes his head.

"Whose next? Harry?" He jokes and I choke on my breath. I shake my head and slightly giggle.

Of course Louis would make that joke, totally oblivious to the fact that hours ago I did in fact kiss Harry.

I look back over at Louis and he once again has that cheeky grin on his face.

"So" he starts but then stops
"So?" I repeat, unsure of what he was going to say.

"So why is it that Niall and Zayn get to kiss you but I don't?" He asks cheekily.

I look at his face and his eyebrows are raised. Is this a joke? Louis wants to kiss me? Even though he knows I've kissed Niall and Zayn? I keep starring at him, waiting for any sign of a joke but I don't see any.

He winks again and my cheeks burn up. This boy is going to be the death of me. His eyes flash from my eyes down to my lips. It was so quick that I almost missed it. He closes his eyes and leans in slowly

I'm about to do the same when Liam and Niall walk into the room and Niall sits beside Louis. Louis opens his eyes and sighs. Talk about awkward.

Liam is looking at us seeming confused while Niall just flat out does not look happy. Im about to get off of Louis when he grabs my hand, making me turn back to him, He wiggles his eyebrows and thats my cue to get up and sit beside Liam.

Liam seemed to be judging me low-key. He looks at me with a disapproving look and my cheeks go somehow even pinker.

I almost just kissed Louis,

A few hours ago I kissed Harry,

Niall's mad,

Liam's disappointed,

Great just great.

Woohoo! So who do we think Kate should be with ? That's the real question. Big Thankyou to those who voted/commented on the last chapter! I appreciate you all x