Chapter 56 - What just happened

Guess whose back.... it's me and I have an update woohoo!

Kate's POV

"Did you see her face?" Zayn chuckles as the four of us take a seat around a tree at the back of the oval.

"She definitely looked scared thats for sure" Jordan adds.

"Thank you for back there Harry.. and you too Zayn" I say as I shift nervously. "It means a lot to me".

Harry doesn't say anything he just flashes me one of his signature dimpled smiles. My god I missed that smile. Kate snap out of it. I can't be thinking like this about Harry. The harry that bullied me and put me through so much over the last few years and for what reason? We're all unsure.

My problem is Harry and I have history. We dated but only for a few months but we grew up together. We have history. Same with Louis and Zayn but we were never as close as Harry and I.

As soon as Harry decided I wasn't good enough to talk to, Zane and Louis followed. I don't blame them, Harrys always been angry but never to us until one day he just snapped.

"Its no problem really, its actually very overdue" Zayn snaps me out of my thoughts by adding.

"How do you even hang out with those people? You're the complete opposite" Zayn says aimed at Jordan.

"No idea really. I wouldn't really hang with any of them if it wasn't for Ally but now she's acting more like Brooke everyday" Jordan says sadly.

"So what now" I ask quietly trying to not interrupt.

We have fought Brooke, Louis has a month suspension, Nates in a holding cell, no idea where Niall and Liam are. The last few days have been hectic.

"Today is actually my last day of my suspension, do you wanna ditch while we can? We can get food" Harry asks us all. Jordan and Zayn nod but I on the other hand are unsure. I play with my necklace nervously.

"Don't stress ill be there to beat the boys up if they try anything" Jordan chuckles and i just nod.

Jordan and Zayn take off walking out the back exit and Harry and I follow slowly behind. We're walking in silence, our footsteps matching. Im deciding whether to break the awkward silence or to continue walking simultaneously.

"Thank you for getting me out of there" Harry says suddenly and I look up and nod.

"No like I'm serious. You could've left me in there and you didn't. It means a lot to me" He added and for the first time in the last 5 years he looked genuine.

"Its ok. No matter how mean you are to be I doubt I could have left you in there" I say softly.

I wish it wasn't true but it is. The history, the guy I used to know. I just don't think I would've been able to. Yeah he's treated me so badly but surely theres a reason. A person doesn't change for no reason do they?

We reach the cafe and the three of them are all talking and laughing and im sitting here with my own thoughts. How could this have happened. 2 weeks ago I was running from Zayn and Harry in fear, never talked to Jordan and here I am ditching school and grabbing lunch with them. Oh the turned tables

We eat and joke for what feels like only 5 minutes but is much longer.

A buzz wakes me out of my thoughts, I pull my phone out to a message from Niall. Actually 10 messages from Niall.

Nialler:
Hey Katie hows school?

Nialler:
Katieeeeeeee

Nialler:
Is something wrong?? Kate I'm worried