Chapter 63 - Square thingy

Kate's POV

Class went by fairly quickly, with no disruptions from any of the boys. I had a class with Zayn who seemed to be in his own world, slightly ignoring me but I was thankful for that.

The sound of the bell dismissing us brought me out of my trance and I practically shoved all my belongings in my bag and headed for the door in a rush. After what happened at lunch I plan on having the rest of the day boy free, at least until I can actually process what happened.

I head out the back gates and start my walk home. Liam texted me halfway through the lesson saying him and Niall will be home late from recording and an apology. He told me to walk home with Lou and I told him I would but after lunch today there's no chance that's happening.

I'm slightly in my own trance on my way home, in a massive rush. I really hope I don't see any of the boys. What even happened today?

Louis grabbed my thigh, Harry grabbed the other and then they got angry at each other? Im so confused. Louis told me just 2 day's ago that he had feeling's for me and now this.

And they say girls are confusing.

"Oi" I hear shouted from behind me. Assuming they aren't talking to me I keep walking and ignoring the random background noise.

It isn't until my shoulder is roughly grabbed and I'm spun around that I realise the oi was meant for me. I'm face to face with the only person I would rather avoid more than Harry and Louis right now... Brooke.

"What the fuck is going on with you and Harry?" She practically shouts at me and I slightly flinch.

I haven't been alone in ages around her, last time the boys scared her off but of course knowing my luck, I run into her when I'm alone.

"Nothing were just friends" I start but then I stop myself, slightly confused. Are we friends? We've been friendly but are we friends or just being civil? Also when did we start being civil?

"Actually I think were just civil" I add after a moment or two of contemplating my response.

"Civil?" She practically laughs. But it's not a normal laugh, it's a sort of manic laugh. I wasn't worried about her or even Ashley whose hanging just behind her until that scary ass laugh came out of her mouth.

"I saw you guys at lunch today. Don't even try to convince me that's being civil. Thats more than that" She says very lowly. I look to Ashley with pleading eyes, silently praying she will get Brooke off my case and away from me but it doesn't seem to work as she looks away. Knew I always hated her for a reason.

"Stay the fuck away from Harry" She says as she gets closer to me, she's scarily close and based off the face she's pulling I'll want to agree with her here so I just nod.

Before she can say anything else she's pulled off of me and shoved to the side by none other than Zayn who looks equally as pissed as Brooke.

"What the hell?" She screeches and Zayn replies with a "back off" before grabbing me gently and leading me away from the wall she had me pushed against.

Were walking in silence for a moment before I mumble out a quiet thank you and Zayn nods his head. He's scarily quiet and I'm slightly concerned he's mad.

"Are you o-" He cuts me off by asking me why I'm walking alone and I shrug.

"I just wanna be alone" I say and we walk in a comfortable silence towards the apartment.

"I get it, I would wanna be alone after lunch today too" He pipes up and I instantly blush, realising Zayn saw the two boys fighting over grabbing my thighs.

Well that's embarrassing.

"Uhhh yeah I don't um" I start to stutter but I stop, completely unsure about my next words.

"I don't really know whats happening there" I admit and he nods before he leans over and pulls me into a slightly awkward side hug.

"I know we haven't talked much about what we did in the past and how utterly fucked up it was but I just realised I never formally apologised for it and Kate, I really am sorry" He confesses after he lefts me go from the side hug and I stare at him in disbelief.

I mumble a thank you and we keep walking. I am thankful, I'm just surprised. I wasn't really expecting to ever get an apology honestly but I'm glad he cared enough to apologise.

"So what are you gonna do with this love square thingy thats going on?" He quizzes randomly and I stare at him confused.

Love square thingy?

Louis is the only one with feelings for me. Harry acts a bit weird with me but he's just being nice surely he doesn't have feelings for me?

"Love square thingy?" I question with a slight chuckle and he laughs.

"Surely you're not that obvious" He questions and when I stare at him slightly confused he lets out another laugh.

"Well its fairly obvious that Louis and Harry have feelings for you" He starts rambling and the more he talks the more I stare at him confused.

As if.

"And from what Louis says, sounds like Niall's got this massive thing for you" He adds and my jaw drops.

"WHAT" I practically yell. There's no way.

Zayn laughs at my facial expression before adding "Its so obvious". Wow thanks Zayn. Way to make me feel stupid.

"Louis told me he has feeling's for me the other day. I don't know about Harry or Niall though" I reply and he shrugs.

"So who are you gonna chose?" He questions and now it's my turn to shrug.

Theres no way they all have a thing for me? A love square? What even is that...

We walk in a comfortable silence until we pull up to the apartment.

"Thank you for walking me back. Felt a lot safer" I chuckle and he nodded before leaning forward and pulling me into a hug.

"I hope you feel better. Keep me updated on the square situation ok" He says as he pulls back and I laugh before agreeing.

A love square?

It can't be true, can it? Niall always acted overly nice and slightly different from other guys I've met in my life but he doesn't have feelings for me. He wouldn't like me like that. Surely not.

And Louis, he flat out told me how he felt and I had no idea how to react. To this day I'm still unsure what to say or even if the feeling's are the same towards him.

But then there's Harry...

Like yeah I know we dated when we were younger but that's way in the past. He hurt me time and time again. Physically and emotionally and yet my stomach still gets butterflies at the thought of him potentially having feelings for me.

What have I gotten myself into?

Soooooooo she's got a square thingy going on. What do you thinks gonna happen?

Attached is a pic of the boys when I originally started this story.... Yikes how the time changes.

Keep voting and commenting guys ily peace out