Chapter 47: Entering Greed Island

Me, Gon and Killua sat in the hall. It was full of people wanting to go into the game.

"I apologise for keeping everyone waiting, we will now begin selecting players. As everyone already know, you must be able to use Nen for this game. The test will proceed as follows. First we need each applicant to demonstrate their Nen. We will then make our decision. The judge will be Mr. Tsezgerra!" said the man on stage. Tsezgerra then appeared on stage. Everyone started chatting and bickering.

"Let us begin the test. One at a time, come up and show me your Ren. A shutter and curtain will block any view of the stage. So other applicants can't see what's happening. The moment we have chose thirty two players, the test will be over" he explained.

"Please step this way to take the test" said the guy from earlier and everyone started walking over to form a line.

"Hehehehe, those guys are hopeless" said a voice from behind me. "They don't stand a chance."

"Huh?" We said and turned around.

"I'm talking about the ones still in line and those waiting nearby. Especially the ones standing next to the line. They're probably waiting for someone to return, so they can ask what's inside. If you did some research and used your head, you'd see there's no rush" said the guy.

"I get it. This time, they aren't choosing 32 players!" said Killua.

"Exactly, it's been over 10 years and no ones cleared up the game. And new players can't begin if old ones are still alive.  Meaning that they have to save a few spots in case any extraordinary players appear. I'll guess they'll only choose around 20 this round. Personally, I'd say those in line or standing nearby have no shot. Anyone worthwhile either got in line at once, or figured out the trick and stayed in their seats to focus, the way we did. Wouldn't you agree, kid?" He said, looking at Gon. Me and Killua looked at him.

"Gon? You realised what was going on?" asked Killua.

"Well, it was just a hunch. I thought it was only natural that the hosts would want to test everyone here" said Gon.

"Aheheehhe. That's true. You win, kid. Yeah I'm impressed. Not many people stick to their ideals. The steeper and more dangerous the path, the greater the need for both wit and ignorance to move forward" laughed the guy.

"My name is Puhat. Pleased to meet you" he said and walked away.

"People who act smart usually fail" said Killua.

"He can hear you" said Gon.

"I'm heading over" said Killua.

"Good luck" said Gon.

"Don't embarrass us!" I waved. He gave me a dirty look and walked in. After a while, I stood up and walked away. "I'm going" I said.

"Good luck!" Said Gon and smiled at me. I walked in and saw Tsezgerra.

"Show me your Ren" he said.

"Can I show you my Hatsu instead?" I asked.

"Show me anything that will prove your power" he said. I nodded and conjured my necklace. I picked up the 5 petals and placed them on my hand. I threw them up and put my hands together.

"Go" I said and then it exploded. A gush of hot wind, followed by a gallon of water, electricity and some earth flowed across the small room. Then the red petal fell on the floor and it lit a fire, which was put out by the water. The light bulb broke because of the sudden gush of electricity.

"Whoops. I might've gone over board. Sorry" I apologised and took my hands off.

"There is no way you learnt this all in four days" he said, his eyes as wide as eggs.