Issue 160# "Standoff's utter outrage."

{Los Angeles} 

--7:30am--

Destruction befell in the center of the city, shrill screams echo in the atmosphere, buildings tumbling down. People running amok destroyed cars, whilst a figure stood in the center. "I'm protecting you, people! Isn't this what you wanted?! To be protected?!" In his clutches was Angular, unconscious and sapped of his strength temporarily. Standoff's appearance seemed more human-like, it shaped into a thirty-year-old man dressed up like how a modernized person should be. 

Where was Jabez while this had happened? 

"Veyra! You aren't getting away that easily!" Jabez tailed after the assassin, she was out of jail, at this specific time when his city is in danger while he's out dealing with her. "You will not catch me, hero! I'm too fast for you!" Veyra exclaimed, her speed inexplicably increased and altered thru using some technique. Jabez chased her down thru alleyways, scaling up buildings and across inanimate objects. 

"Just give up this chase! You aren't going to win anyway, it is inevitable!" Veyra turned to face him as she hurtled a pair of ninja weapons inwards the other. 'She's trying to slow me down, aah caint let her do that!' Those weapons were specially made to exponentially damage him REAL good, a few hit him on the torso."I just made those for you, of course, I'd negotiate with the one that's been able to make them. Sayonara." Veyra stood on the edge of the building, gesturing a salute. Almost about to leave until she heard a faint utterance under his breath. 

They sunk deeply in Jabez's torso, thighs, its like he wasn't able to move whilst she was still around. "You aren't.. GONNA GET AWAY!" Jabez's utilization of personal mastery freed him in the instant, spewing the weapons outwards. He used omnifarious to effortlessly do that, he then warped his malleable form into an enormous hammer, swinging it straight into Veyra. 'Personal Mastery powers! Of course! Why don't I get an upgrade like he did?!' Veyra took terrible damage on the torso, its like she took an incalculable force. 

Jabez shoots himself straight towards the other to the mega-sized version of a bullet. Veyra still remained in mid-air, she widened her eyes in the instant change. 'He's polished himself! I'll give him that, but even with that said. I'm the assassin! He's the hero, I will always be better than him!' Veyra anticipated and waited for other to close in on her, once he did, she bounces off to the right, avoiding him by merely shifting a hip. 

The bullet was about to hit the building, yet, it swerved around the building and circled it, aimed inwards the assassin. Instead, it'd turn into an immense boxing glove, she widened her eyes. 'He's going to take things seriously?!' Veyra widened her eyes at it. 'I just need to roll across it fastly so that I can reduce damage!' She takes the immediate impact then quickly rolling over to a side before she was caught in the center.  Veyra descended across the side, aiming downwards the building nearest to her field of observation. 

She elegantly tumbled across the rooftops, standing up without signs of discomfort."Where did he--?" She looked high up deeply towards the last seen spot of the hero. "Go??" Veyra painstakingly looked around herself, if he wasn't in sight. Where could he have gone off to? She shook her head incredulously and preceded onwards with her hasty escape. 'No more hero to bother me! Although, I only come out to challenge him every now and then.' Veyra added in her thoughts. 

"Danger leadin' thataway!" Jabez had used that opportunity to concentrate on a more on the pandemonium happening in the center of the city.'It feels like aah's drawing myself towards the same thing that attacked me last time. That was like a week ago already! It caint be out for my hide, can it? 'Jabez contemplated about the last intervention he had with the exact thing. He shook his head disbelieved about it, once he found the sight of destruction. He was speechless at the sight of it, burnt roads, broken everything in range.

Its a defeated supervillain, Angular, lying on the floor. This perplexed him, there wasn't a sign of any others. It's completely desolated around him, buildings, cars, inanimate objects. Who could've done all of this, certainly not a hero, only a hero would know how to maintain destruction in a junction. He inspected the body for any pulse, pulsating normally for 

"You need to see a hospital." Jabez carried the other in his arms, he had no idea what befell here. Whatever it was, he missed it and wasn't able to save people that had met an impending doom during that time. "Reckon.. aah.. just failed to keep up." Jabez stole a glance from the charred corpses lying under the wreckage of buildings. 

--Ten minutes later--

{The hospital}

There the supervillain lays about on the bed quietly while a nurse came in the room, she had no clear idea why the superhero was here.

"Just call the cops once he wakes up, mm'kay lady?" Jabez walked out of the infirmary, leaving the nurse alone with one of his most dangerous enemies. "But--!" She was about to ask further questions but no longer a sign of him to remain. 

'It caint be Oriel, aah know her patterns too well! Who on earth would've caused such catastrophe? Demogorgon's been gone for a long time! The last aah heard he was in an asylum!' Jabez searched streets and alleyways to make a thorough search for whoever did it. 'These patterns don't belong to any of my enemies!' Jabez scratched the inside of his head metaphorically, this matter needed to be solved fast. 

'I am the hero.. this city needs. I am better.. better than you ever could've been. I am the messiah of justice, you are nothing.. but a descendant. I am the real hero it needs.' The smack dab voice echoed in his mind, Jabez turned his head towards any ominous figures in the area. Its just people around him, he needed to be sure. 'That caint be just me thinking to myself? Or.. what?'