Issue 96#"Striking at such brilliance!"

{L.A} 

--9:30 am-- 

{Park}

"Awright, Plunk! Attaboy!" A fine morning to start playing fetch with his dog, the dog only had three limbs so it'd get a little difficult for the dog to make its way towards Jabez. He scratched under the dog's ear, as he used his unoccupied hand to retrieve the disc from its mouth. It opens out its mouth, letting its tongue droop between its teeth as it scatters from the other, standing several feet from him.'Aah just needs to make the catch plausible, a dog couldn't really catch something beyond what's naturally possible.' He hurled it towards a certain direction, the dog began to tail after the flying saucer. 

Someone walks up towards Jabez, it appeared to be like a cosplay. It must've been one of those huge fans of Jabez, he turned his head inwards the figure, the footsteps were drawing closer to his direction, so it's easier to assume it that way."Ah, I thought I'd have to tap your shoulder." Cornelius pauses inches away from Jabez, placing his fist cuffs against his hips. "Waddaya want?" Jabez cocked his brow, wondering what he was eager for. 

"Well, sir. I want to become your sidekick!" Cornelius saluted towards Jabez. "Ooooh, about that, that might be a conundrum for the both of us. Aah don't do sidekicks, but hey, who says there isn't an available slot to be one of L.A's heroes, right?" Jabez keeps his temples fixated on the other, he wasn't going to disparage him for wanting to become a sidekick. "Huh.. you're..you're right!" Cornelius lifted up a smile, he was starting to get a sense of realization thanks to Jabez. "Do you have anything you're good at?" Jabez added, because, if you wanted to be a hero, you had to possess skills to a certain thing. 

"Because, if you don't. You can visit one of my older siblings." The albino whisked out something before him, it's like an odd orb. The rest of his friends joined him, three other figures. "Waitaminnit! How does this work?!" Kathy's eyes looked into the orb, whilst the group of friends was transported elsewhere. "By the way, his name is Jadin!" Jabez says fastly before they were gone, he gave them a reason to actually fight. "Awright! Lezz play some fetch, Plunk!" Jabez once again retrieved it from the animal, he hurled it into the distance. He began to chase after it with all its energy, pulsating heat rushing thru it. 

Somewhere in the universe. 

The friends were brought to another realm. "Welcome, children. This is where you shall learn how to become great luminaries." The alike were dressed up like in Chinese robes, he greeted them calmly before making a respectful bow. Jadin almost looked like Jabez, but since Jabez said his name was Jadin, not him, it would be flippant to assume something like that. The friends' names were; Kathy, Cornelius, Eye, Vinnie. 

The four were lead into a chamber of the sort, where all sorts of people were being trained. 

Back to Jabez. 

Because, who cares about a bunch of people that want to be a hero? L.A's already got a hero, and they're doing just fine. 

"Don't worry, plunk, you won't be losing me." Jabez was sitting on the grass, whilst the dog was lapped on him. 'Man, I wish I'd actually get a job for once. Why does nobody want me to be their employee still? I can do multitasking!' He was more fixated on the reason why nobody approved of him as being their employee, what was it going to take to get a job like he once did. Did he have to make up his own business? He wasn't fit to be a businessman, despite him being downright capable of doing the job itself with ease. 

He had preferences. "Am I only going to be L.A's superhero? I really want to help the people I used to help, like old times." Jabez quizzically looks upwards the skies, he talked to himself, it's quite common for people that don't have much of a social life. He hadn't even tried bringing the thought of the dangers that awaited him, its just grown like the usual to him. "Will I just be limited like this?" He added. 

Plunk held up the dog leash, he excitedly wagged his tail. Hoping Jabez was going to pay attention to him, once the albino flicked his galaxy blue orbs into the dog."Of course! I'll walk ya back home!" Jabez nabbed the leash from the other, he stood upright and made his merry way outwards the park's exit. "He doesn't even suspect a thing.." Watching in the shadows, hiding behind a tree, Chiara locked her eyes inwards his direction. 

'Odd, why do I feel like I'm being watched? Bah! What have you. Its more visceral than physical.' He turned his head to the unoccupied parts of the park, nothing to be seen. He merely shrugged it off, omitting the very presence of Chiara herself. 'First, I shall rid of his pet! So that he will become a ravenous monster!' Did she really think that Jabez would become a monstrous person after death, she was wrong. 

DEAD WRONG. 

She creeps up behind the other, with a depraved expression painted on herself.'Yes! My ultimate resource will satisfy me! And everything!' She keeps her eyes concentrated on the being. She decided to fwoosh past Jabez, hoping to pilfer his own pet away from him. Almost about to aim her fingers into the holding position of her hostage, his dog was gone, like he transported him away in nanoseconds before she could even touch him."I sent him back home, don't think you'd actually succeed in using him as a hostage. I sensed debauched and vile emanating from you, so it gave away the whole 'sneaking'." Jabez replies as she formed a face of anger. 

"How dare you! !" She pelted towards Jabez in blistering speeds, reality itself was being manipulated to a transcendent level due to her increased lust. "I'LL ENJOY MAKING A FEAST OUT OF YOUR BODY!" Chiara exclaimed, she clapped her hands together to send an immense shockwave. 'I've to hold reality itself together!' Jabez willed it to mend the alterations happening to his world. 

Causing him to be hurled back into the park's lake. 'She really plans to get things kickin', huh?' Jabez allowed himself to descend into the waters, he willed even something like this, into an unbelievably bottomless ocean. She pounces inwards the lake she sent him into, she suddenly widened her own eyes in shock."IMPOSSIBLE! THIS IS NOTHING BUT A LAKE!" She was in shock to what she saw, this was the way how Jabez beat her. 

Does she search for where his presence was.. in this lake?