Issue 109# "An old enemy!Haunti Kopek!"

{L.A} 

{City Hall} 

--9:30 am-- 

"That's good, nobody's going to fight back." Her complexion was amazing, crimson hair streaking down her shoulder, she's dressed up like a formal person. The president, his co-workers and body guards treated like the being's presence godly to them. They hadn't fought back against the other the slightest nor shown recalcitrance to her, its as if she belonged here without being questioned. "Now, I want everything to have me in it!" Haunti demanded, as they would follow under command, the president began informing the people thru social media to work much more than ever. 

To support their new ruler, Haunti Kopek. 

{Twin Tower Prison} 

'Where did that assassin go?' Angular cocked his brow, she had been recently brought to jail, but nonetheless, it was an assassin. Whatever she had hidden behind her sleeves, it was clearly up to no good. 'I do not wish to let my enemy wait for our next battle to commence! He must be growing bored already!' Veyra was more riveted to drawing the attention of Jabez, she was somewhere in the city already. Quite a little troubling for the hero to handle two things, unknowingly, he was searching the city for the one job that would accept him. 

He saw so many people working more than ever, he just wanted to grab the opportunity to get a job like they did. 'C'mon! L.A! You're all worked up, please, please I want a job like really badly!' Jabez was searching for any vacant places for himself, he was a little more eager than rather inspecting the condition of the people. Jabez was there and he didn't have to worry about a thing, they're safe, but what would that incognizance of his cause? 

He found a building, its still wanting more employees. 'Yes! I'm finally getting what I wanted!' He entered the skyscraper, its an organization of the sort. He hadn't realized people were in control of some other entity still if only someone could peel his eyes out so that he'd notice that. Pushing the doors open while people lifelessly entered the building, he was over the moon than the most of them. 

As people would casually head down to work, Jabez made his way into the direction of where work was. He wasn't even asked if he had something like a resume, they just lifelessly accepted him in work itself. 'AWRIGHT!' Jabez thought to himself,  keeping these thoughts to himself because he might perturb other workers. As he found himself his own office and place to be in, he pushed the door open as he calmly walked towards the chair itself. Jabez was the only one to ever put up an incredibly wide grin, he was waiting for what things he was going to do. 

'Aah wonder what kind of work Aah'm going to do! Even though aah hadn't done much but they accepted me lac it was nothing!' Jabez closes in on his office table, someone entered his room. It almost reminded him of the times Tessa used to come in here, it's like a video being shown to Jabez. Like hoping to hypnotize him, he stared at it with a confused look. "I don't get what's happening here." Jabez pointed with his finger and the person, then the person began to walk away to continue doing their duties. 

Jabez scratched the back of his head, he wasn't aware of what happened to the city hall. But his mind was too caught up in trying to help more people, he keeps an eye on the clock. A few hours passed by, he finally decided to stand, walking inwards the door of his. Grasping the doorknob, twisting and pulling it as he looked into the people staring into their screens, doing absolutely nothing. 

"Izzat what work is? Staring at a computer screen nowadays," Jabez walked up to one of the lifeless workers, he scanned what he was staring at. Its nothing but gray static to him, he stood upright after inspecting. "Why are you doing nothing? People need to be helped, man!" Veyra says as he turned his head to the other direction. "Don't you get it? People are under a form of mind control, did your ambition fool you?" Veyra's voice was heard from somewhere, he slapped himself on the face if she was right.

His perception began to take a bigger look at the people, they were certainly under the influence of something. "Aah caint believe it! You are right!" Jabez turned his head towards the source of the voice, once the figurine came towards him. She paused before the other, holding up her sword in perfect form. ".." Veyra kept her lips stagnant, yet, it's just like he wasn't drawn towards fighting at all. "Sorry, I just want time to myself. " Jabez began to walk away from the other, she dashed towards his direction. 

She delivered a kick into the being, hurtling him outwards the building's exit. They were briefly inside of the place that was familiar to most workers, sitting on their computers and such. He bursts thru the building's exit doors, and nobody showed colors if that happened. "Aah told ya! Aah'm not going to fight ya!" Jabez kipped up and began dusting his clothes, this was rather unusual, it's not like every day he'd be fighting. "You can't be serious now," Veyra placed her sword against the concrete sidewalks. 

"Aah am! And that's just, where it's going to stand. I realized my own job wasn't a real thing, not a real McCoy,  aah thought I'd actually have a job for once in my life." He walked away from the other, Veyra respected the other's wishes. 'Perhaps that kind of realization can hit all like a bullet.' She watches him, sheathing her sword. He wasn't downgraded, it's just, how could he let himself believe in something like that. Once he landed upon a statue of someone familiar to him, he widened his eyes in shock to who it was. "HAUNTI?!" Somewhere in L.A ..