Issue 77#"Jape vs The two superheroes!"

{L.A} 

--City Hall-- 

--5:40 pm--

'I kill the president and replace him, I'll be the one bossing Jabez around!' Jape zoomed his sniper closely in the window of the president's office, he wanted to keep his hands steady. His sniper appeared rather outlandish looking, its origin and tech were more on the comedic relief than the actual guns. He fired the head of Donald trump inwards the window, something unveiled before him, it was none other than his arch-nemesis, defending the president! "Mister president, this will only take a moment!" Jabez's being enlarged, enfolding himself on the president himself like a rubber dome. It unfolded in the eyes of Jape, whilst the villain decided to bolt since his plan had failed in the first attempt. 

'What did Jape make out of it? My strength was just enough to keep the president alive..' As Jabez retrogrades to his normal size, he fell on his torso, everything was a cluster in the president's office. 'Its as if I've been struck by pataphysics in a portable explosive.' Jabez thought, smokey fumes arose from his arms and back, the president arose and looked at the state of condition Jabez was in. "You're going to be patched up, Jabez!" Bryant helps Jabez's nearly lifeless body up, as he began walking towards the door. The alike could barely move his body, it is like this was purposely intent for someone else. 

As his door opened, there were agents with guns pointing at certain directions, pointing and aiming for any intruders. "I'm all good, but Jabez isn't." He reminded them, as they began dragging Jabez to the president's bedroom, where he can recuperate for the meantime. The two agents left the albino on the bed whilst they waited outside the door of the president's room. Someone stealthily sneaked their way into the building thru the president's bedroom. 

None other than Oriel, she cocked her brow at the other as she shrugged her shoulders, she plopped atop Jabez's being. Placing both of her hands behind her nape, letting out a breath."Being a hero is great, right?" She was waiting for his response upon stating it."Hey! Are you awake at all?!"Oriel suddenly sat upright, and grabbed him by the collar, he hadn't animated in her actions. "Are you frik frakkin' serious? Speak to me!" She shook him by the collar more than the normal. "Someone did this to you, didn't they?" Oriel stopped her shaking, she loosens her tension against his collars. 

"..yes.." Jabez replies in a faltered tone."I can't move at all.. but if I can recover from this, things will be all right."He responded she lets go of him gently. "Then that means I can laze atop you, heh-" Oriel automatically plopped against him again, there was a weak 'ow' heard in the process. 'I know he's going to be all right! Why should it matter anyway, he's chill with a mom being on top of him! Waitaminnit, that sounds wrong just by thinking that way!' Oriel really wanted to talk to him but due to his troubling condition, she decided that letting him rest was better. 

'Aren't I the greatest best friend? Letting myself just laze over Jabez, while he recovers. Totally!' Oriel swings her legs to the edge of the bed. 'I can guess who did this to him, Jape. He had a plan to assassinate the president but failed, what if he's planning to do it again? While Jabez is still like this? This is troubling.' Oriel turned her head over a shoulder towards the other, she could really use a hand in the fighting. Everything is so much easier with a friend, she had learned the ability to change. 'Waitaminnit, can't he just will himself to heal? Though he'd need concentration, that's the problem, he can't concentrate or get a thing done.' Oriel added in her thoughts. 

'I have to watch him, what if Jape decided to deliver the coup de grace on Jabez while he's like this! Villains always want to strike the most vulnerable spots, and Jabez is in one of those situations.' Oriel turned her head inwards Jabez's unmoving self, this was quaint, shouldn't his girlfriend be taking care of him instead of his friend. Until there was a boom inside of the building, she automatically removed her cape and placed it over his body. 'I was right, he was going to try it again! And he must've figured out Jabez was taken out thanks to that 12th level intelligence of his!' Oriel added in her thoughts. 

'I'm sorry Jabez, but risking you over the president isn't something I'd want!' Oriel folded her cape then she placed it on her back. She strapped Jabez on her back, like a backpack of her own, she jumps thru the window. The wind blew across the breeze, whilst the agents stood before the zany figure. "Stand aside! Ya fools! The boss wants the president!" The goons brought out their firearms, forcing the agents to go into cover. 

'I hope you have it in the heart to forgive me for choosing to save your life instead of someone else's.' Oriel soon arrived in the mansion Jabez lived in. She sets him on the bed, as the news suddenly turned on. Bai pushes her dorm open, keeping her eyes concentrated on the redhead. "I can explain," Oriel stated, as the news began talking about Jape's attack on the president. "If I don't get a hero to fight me, I'm killin' dis man! Hear me?! I want Jabez to fight me!" He had the people within the building, hostages, the president didn't want this to happen. 

"You could've handled that, so he wouldn't have hostages." Bai walked inwards Jabez's being, climbing aboard the bed as she crawled towards him. "I could beat him, correct, but, he'd kill the president if it was me. He wants Jabez to fight him," Oriel delineated. "We have to stall him somehow, so he wouldn't be eager to kill the president! So we can buy enough time for sweetums to recuperate breezily." Bai replies. "Are you gonzo, lady? Do you think Jabez would want you to risk your own neck against his enemies? He cares and loves you! Do you think he'd want that?!" Oriel suddenly said solicitously, she was worried that Jabez was going to lose a loved one. 

"I know, I love him too much... but, he'd want to save the president's life. That's what he'd want, there's nothing I can do against him but stall him. Okay?" Bai gets off the bed, suppressing her own tears as she began walking away. 'What have I done to his relationship!? I didn't mean for this to happen!' Oriel watches her leave the building itself.

Will love prevail or will it sink down like Titanic?