Issue 79# "Don't beat yourself up."

{L.A} 

--12:30 pm-- 

{Cemetery}

'Loss doesn't mean we've lost, it just means there's never a way to change it.' The hero stood before the grave of his girlfriend, kneeling over to the slate. Setting a flower over it, remaining on that spot for just a little while. Recollecting those times he was with her, he loved every second of the time they talked to one another. 'That's enuff, ' He arose shortly; lamenting wasn't the answer to one's problems, he was actually happier knowing he loved and cared for someone he cherished so much. "Yeah, seeya around." He nodded his head as he left the grave of Bai alone, he had a smile lifted across his lips. 

'Every one of us lives a life we want to, mine was honest and it didn't have lies in it like most of the heroes did.' Upon leaving the grave, someone was walking alongside him. "Brother, you're strong, and its why a mother has you as her favorite." Juma's voice was heard, but once he turned his head to the voice, it was gone, he does remember it belonging to Juma's. "Thanks, older brother." Jabez's only response to the voice, he hadn't formed a frown at all. 'I better find myself a job, this time! I know for sure someone is just willing to accept me!' Jabez was willing to do one thing he's been eager to do, it's starting anew. 

'I've done philosophy before, so I wouldn't mind doing that either!' He searches for the newsstand, he froze before it as he whisked out a quarter before the seller. Setting it before the table as he politely grabbed himself a newspaper, walking away from the newsstand as he began reading it. Squatting against the wall, sitting next to Col. Barry, the former soldier recognized the albino upon his entrance. "Excuse me," Barry tapped against Jabez's shoulder, hoping to grab his attention from the newspaper. The albino's attention was drawn towards the other, cocking his snowy brow. "Yes?" Jabez answers. 

"I just wanted to thank you for saving my life from that villain awhile back," Barry stated so that Jabez can have a reminder. "You're Colonel Barry, correct?" Jabez somehow knew the other's name before he'd introduce himself to the other. "Yes, I am, young man! You're the one that everyone calls 'Jabez'. Yes?" Barry just wanted to be well aware of what Jabez did for this city, and he did that by self-affirming himself. "Yes, is there something you want from me?" Jabez was going to spend his time finding a place for where he could work. 

"I want to make a proposition, something you wouldn't deny. I want you to assassinate someone for me.." Barry added, hoping he was going to respond to it. "Sorry, you must've found the wrong guy for a job like that." Jabez stood upright, walking away from the other, he wasn't a murderer, he was more of a superhero. 'Where can I find this place?' Jabez thought to himself, for some weird coincidence, he found the exact building for where he wanted to be. "Voila!" Jabez folded the newspaper, tucking it away into his pocket as he made his way towards the door. 

"I.. huh?" Jabez cocked his brow at the center in the center, a spotlight concentrated on it. 'Is this some sort of prank?' He hadn't dared moved at all, whatever this was, it wasn't great. "I know, it is not much, but it does help a mother connect more often with her son." A figure magically appeared sitting on the chair. It's a blonde woman sitting on the chair, it was none other than his own mother. "Mom? You're here!" Jabez's eyes widened upon her appearance, she made a nod. She wore a summer type sleeveless soviet uniform with female commander's cap, wearing a blazing coat that has a flaming aura on it wearing it as a cape, white fur collar on it, a medium sized skirt navy brown colors on it. Then an inner design with white linings means highland stocking type boots and metal navy arm bracers with her hair blonde tied with red feather ribbon. 

"I've heard about your relation, I just wanted to congratulate you for having someone!" She brings up about his life. "If you want to put it that way!" Jabez hadn't hinted out he had lost her, its because he knows she was gone from his life."Where is the daughter-in-law of mine then?" Murdercia stated. Jabez walked inwards the other, she was only curious about his life and what kind of person he chose to be with. "She's somewhere, unreachable." Jabez finally says. 

"Oh, snowflake... I didn't mean to." Murdercia suddenly stood up and enveloped her arms around his being, tightening her grasp around him."Its okay mom, I know, its all right." Jabez returned the hug to the other. "It seems your sister hadn't been updated thoroughly, are you all right by the way?" She breaks their hug briefly as she looked into the galaxy blue eyes of his. "I'm all Gucci, nothing to worry about," Jabez added. 

"I and your father have never gone through such a tragedy, but you, I couldn't picture it happening it to you." Murdercia cupped his cheeks, a tear crawled down her curve. "Mom, you can't expect me to be the savior of everything, that's Father's job," Jabez replies; the reason behind him not willing Bai back to life is because of the natural disasters. It won't change a thing, and he wasn't going to force her to stay with him forever, it's not how he acts. 

It's about accepting the truth. "I know it is, my son. Perhaps you can show me whom you live with then?" Murdercia wiped the tear aside, she crept up a smile. "Sure. If that's what you want?" Jabez says, as the whole building instantly waned away from existence. As they began walking in the direction where Jabez's current abode was, with the remaining 'family' he has.