Issue 89# "Things have been roughly for a hero."

{L.A} 

{Home} 

--9:00 am-- 

He was lying across the couch, his arm dangles on the vacant space, letting his digits graze against the tiled floors. 'I wonder when Jabez has found a job.' Bo walked up towards the other, pausing before the free space remaining on the couch. He sat against the soft cushion, sitting on it. "So, have you found a job?" Bo formed a smile on his lips, he sat upright to look into the other's face closely. "Aah still can't find one like aah used to, c'est la vie!" He wasn't going to give up on finding a job. "But, I know deep down, you're ingrained to find a job, don't stop trying!" Bo supported Jabez for doing something like this, the albino formed a smile. 

"Joie de vivre!" Jabez responded gleefully with a thumbs up. "All right, I'll handle the bills, we can chit chat later." Bo stood up, getting off the couch, as he calmly walked towards the stairway. Ascending to his room, whereas Jabez plopped against the couch once more. 'There's got to be a place for me to work, there's no way someone couldn't accept me!' He engendered himself to continue this adventure, there are still many more jobs to get. 

'Aah'll just hafta keep going to find meh a job!' He swings his legs over to the spacious side, sitting upright for a brief moment. Jabez stood up, its like he hadn't been thinking about what he did to his own ex-friend. Sure, she might've risked her neck for him, but that didn't give her the right to call the shots, or killing people. He walks towards the door once again, one of the butlers walk up to the door and opened it for him. "Good day, sir." Butler no. 1 greeted him, whilst Jabez crept up a smile. "You sir should call yourself dope butler!" Jabez made a statement that made the butler's day even better. 

He left the mansion once more, walking down the porch's stairway. There were mafias standing before the mansion itself, just how long had they been standing like that? They had their eyes locked on Jabez's direction, whilst Jabez was frozen on his tracks. "Yanno, that wasn't cool! Our boss actually risked her own neck for ya, and next, she's in jail. Can't you see that she's just trying to save you? You did nothing for 'er!" One of them walk towards the other, whilst Jabez kept his gaze in their direction. "Maybe we should just pay back our boss!" The one closer to Jabez draws out his gun at the other, he stood there without flinching from it. 

"Figgers, I oughta just clock Y'all." Jabez merely speeds blitz all of them in a matter of Planck seconds, everything ended so shortly. The goons were overpowered by Jabez in a mere instant, he didn't want to cause damage to the home he lived in. He brings the unconscious bodies of the goons into the vehicles, he took care of the mess briefly. Soon the police arrived at the scene, the butler just called for the police due to that. 

Jabez left the scene on foot, he didn't fly nor swing away. He keeps himself controlled like the usual, he wanted to find a job. A kind of job where he can be a psychologist, but what's it going to take to get something like that? He scratches the back of his albino strands, there hadn't been many things happening other than a cruel choice to make. Its to end a friendship due to his duty as a superhero, knowing how much she killed had already given him an option to do something about it.  Isn't being the hero about saving people and doing the right thing? 

Jabez did a right thing, for sure. 

But did it feel right? 

He searched for places that would accept him as their employee, every attempt he did had failed utterly. No matter how much he tried to convince them, it hadn't worked. He scrounges newspapers to find 'wanted help', none of the people accepted him due to him causing trouble in the city. Whenever there's a villain, it's going to be placed in their working place. Hours passed by, he wasn't going to quit, not ever. 

Notwithstanding the failures he faced, he wasn't going to quit either. The clouds began to darken, the afternoon swings by. Downpours of rain level into the city, hammering against buildings, vehicles, people, other et cetera. He knelt on his knees against the concrete road, becoming soaked in cold rain itself. His coat and clothes became wet, raindrops trickled down his curves. "I'm not giving up! Not ever!" Jabez looked up to the clouds, sure, the city might not want him as an employee, but preferably they'd need him as their hero. 

"What do you think you're doing, letting yourself get all wet?" Oriel protected Jabez from the rain, holding up an umbrella. "Oriel, I'm just in the dark, nobody's accepting me as their employee." Jabez looks upwards the other, the redhead merely extended her hand towards the other."It's all right, why's that important anyway? When this city has you?" Oriel stated; afterward, he accepted the hand, standing upright once again. The two began casually walking alongside one another. "You might be right about that.. but a job to me is like I can do more than one thing than settle things with needless violence." Jabez shrugged his shoulders briefly. 

"If you ever lose hope, I'm here for chattin', don'tcha ever forget that." Oriel draped her arm over his shoulder. "I wasn't, I just want to get a job." Jabez cocked a brow, wondering what exactly she was trying to pertain."Same thing, if you don't have anybody to talk this about. I'm your shoulder, no difference." Oriel depicted, she just implying it gently to him. "You're just as gauche as you usually are! All right, all right." Jabez chortled. "You know me, I just like making our moments together more touchy-feely," Oriel answered him. 

"Yeah." He nodded his head at the other.