Issue 106# "Getting to the bottom of it!"

{L.A} 

{Yancy's hideout} 

--9:30 am--

"Sorry, the boss ain't here!" Gary stated, lookin' thru the mail slot inwards the two figures. "Aah don't believe-'a-lick of it!" Jabez remarked, narrowing his eyes inwards the person looking at the mail slot."Don't think you'll bust in here! I've got the ability to sue for a government that covers up criminals!" Gary snapped at the other, hoping it'd get thru him. "Now.. that's the saddest thing a criminal would even say," Oriel says to herself, she even thought that kind of alibi to dodge a bullet is rubbish. 

"If aah bust it, but if aah slip thru that slot of yours! You can't do that to meh!" Jabez lunges at the mailslot, the bouncer retracted from it. Witnessing the other's upper half inexplicably fit thru it, he then fully goes thru it entirely, ramming into the two bounces before him, instantaneously knocking them out without killing them. The goons inside of the building drew out their guns, the entirety of this base had a multitude of them. Readied arms,  just to fight him. "Waitasecond! Waitasecond!" Jabez reiterated his wordings, shifting towards the door as he unlocked the main door. 

He unlocked it for Oriel. "Really? You trolled them like that?" Oriel chuckled pompously. "What did you think I was going to do? Let you wait outside as I monopolize and beat the rest of the goons in here? Nah!" Jabez shuts the door, preventing any more broad light slipping thru here. "He thinks he's such a smartypants! GET 'IM!" The first five came charging at Jabez, he needed to prevent his blows from being too strong otherwise he might kill them. 

"You goons are usually this enthused to antagonize your favorite superhero?" Jabez leaped towards the wall,  clinging onto the wall itself, picking out a football racked on an arm. 'If I throw it just enough to sweep them off their feet, I wouldn't have to contact my own fist into them!' Jabez hurled it groundwards into the free and vacant spot. "What a chi--" One of the goons were about to harass Jabez until the shockwave impacted them, they were knocked out because of it. 

The environment around them was like a house full of objects, items, guns, and weapons. And a place for aristocrats, somewhat, as Oriel ran towards the goons carrying guns. She leveled herself against the floor, sliding as she knocked off multiple goons off their feet like rag dolls. Oriel quickly arose and delivered leg dancing attacks around her, another bunch taken out. "Ya mind chillaxin'? I hardly got any, you're monopolizing em!" Jabez reaches the floor once more, landing on it. Incoming goons were beyond him, he needed to take care of this odd amount. 

"Here! The boss isn't here!" The goons pointed out to Yancy's door, as Jabez calmly entered it. Once he opened it, she wasn't there. "I.. no! All of this was some wild goose chase?!" Jabez left the office, not a single goon tried to fight him and Oriel. "I.." Oriel was shocked to see how Jabez just walked away from it like this. 'Better cheer up the guy!' Oriel tailed after him, she froze before the other. "Hey! We can still keep on the search!" Oriel hoped that cheering him up would be enough for it. "I'm not going to stop searching for Yancy! She could be killing people as we speak!" Jabez replies, he hadn't sounded doleful over because of this defeat. 

"Heh- that's the Jabez I know!" Oriel grinned, there was always one thing Jabez had over others. Pure, pure gumption! As the two began to continue searching for the very presence of Yancy. Jabez took his own direction whilst Oriel did the same, its best if their eyes can search a little more than one direction. 'Aah hafta save the people at risk!' Jabez had a role, a position he could never remove, like a rocket that never met its destination. 

'Oboy, I sure feel kinda bad for not telling him! But still, it's about hard work! It's not given on a silver plate!' Oriel thought.  

{Hospital} 

"I don't care about your child, tell me where the h*** am I supposed to find Harold?" Yancy pointed a gun into a nurse's head. The nurse defensively protected her own child, she was crippled in fear. "You'll just kill him!" She replies. "No? That's fine." Yancy grabbed the nurse's collar, pulling the trigger thru her head. "How about it kid, you don't have anybody to pamper you. Maybe I should deliver the coup de grace on ya?" Yancy unhands the corpse of the mother, pointing the pistol inwards the child's skull. 

"P-p-please! I don't wanna die!" She cried out. "You don't want to? Isn't that just gullible? You mind holding this for me then?" Yancy draws out something from her pocket, keeping her fist closed as she then placed it in the child's hand. Yancy shook a pin of a grenade, walking away from the explosion calmly like it was nothing to her. "Too bad Jabez wasn't around to save you, kiddo." Yancy calmly walked away from the burning corpses, doctors and nurses hid in their offices. Wanting to avoid death itself! 

"You there," Yancy fired a bullet towards a skittering person, along with the corridors, hitting the bullet directly thru the leg joint. "Tell me where the **** is Harold," She grabbed the person by the head, forcing him forward as she had a pistol to his head. Its another staff member. Her appearance, its long brown hair, but its adjusted in a ponytail form. A casual t-shirt of a comic book character, tannish skin, pants and converse shoes, blood blotched her clothes. "He was taken to the sentence! That's all I know!" He whimpered in fear, she pulled the trigger at the back of his skull, killing him without showing repent. 

She wiped away the blood painted on her. "Izzat where he really went? Should be fast for me then!" She automatically left the building, heading out for the Los Angeles Times. 

It took her 10  minutes to reach the building on foot, what speed! She walked up the flight of stairs, grinning in ill-intentions. 

'Where on L.A would she be?!' Jabez was still on the search for where Yancy would be. If he doesn't find out sooner or later, much more death will happen!