80

“Wait, where are you going?” I asked as Steve picked the car keys off the table.

“I’m getting a friend, and Sharon. Even though we’re not with Tony anymore, we still have a mission-”

“You,” Bucky said, sitting down at the table.

“No way!” I said loudly, making Steve frown. “I don’t trust Sharon. She’s not welcome in my house.” I crossed my arm, making Steve look at me in disbelief. “And for your friend, I don’t care if they can solve world hunger. They are not entering my house. I’m not setting Dean in danger with people I don’t know.”

Steve sighed. “Fine. I’ll just meet up with Sharon. But we need Scott to return something to the past. He’s nothing near to Tony. He doesn’t even work for Shield.”

I shook my head. “Steve. I don’t want any of your missions or business near my son. If you are going to bring a stranger to my house, I’ll have to meet them first.”

“So you want to come along?” Steve asked, tossing the keys from one hand to another.

I shook my head. “No. I can’t. I promised Dean that we could go for a walk in the woods a little while later.”

Steve groaned. “Then what? We just bail on a mission?”

I frowned. “You can go complete your mission somewhere else. Just not at my house.”

With those words I walked passed him, and to the living room. Carol sat watching Dean as he and Emrys had a sword fight with paper board swords. I smiled, before sitting down next to her, watching my son poke my brother in the stomach, before running away, into the hallways. Carol giggled, shaking her head.

“You ever want kids?” I asked, looking at her sweet smile.

She smiled softer. “Not really. I mean I love them, but I don’t want ones of my own.”

I nodded as I understood what she meant. “Emrys neither. He’s sweeter than a fly with Dean. Like he’s his own son. But he’d never want his own son. He’s just not, that type of guy.”

Carol smiled, before standing up. “I think I’m going to sit outside. Do you want to join?” she asked, but I shook my head.

“I think I’ll just sit here for a bit.”

She smiled, before walking off, leaving me alone. I sat in silence for a few seconds, before standing up, walking over to a record in the corner of the room, resting on a little table, with plants on the floor around it. I put on a plate from the forties. I made my way back to my seat, where I sat down, closing my eyes while resting my head back. Lightly I hummed along, but softly.

In front of me, I heard footsteps, making me open my eyes and look forward. I smiled as Bucky stuck his hand out, a smile spread on his lips. Without hesitation, I took it, allowing him to pull me up. He slid his one hand into mine as he wrapped the other around my waist. I slipped my hand onto his shoulder as I looked him in his eyes.

Slowly we swift from left to right, dancing around the room. A small smile spread on my lips as I noticed at how well Bucky actually could dance. He was gentle and light. He let go of my waist, before letting me move away, before he spun me around. I giggled as I placed my hand on his shoulder, and he placed his hand on my waist. Bucky pulled me closer, causing me to stand against his shoulder. I closed my eyes, listening to his heartbeat with the one ear, and the music with another. His head rested on mine, making me smile again.

After a while, the song switched to the next, but we didn’t move away from each other. He kept his head rested on mine and his hand on my waist. We swayed more from the one corner of the room to another, before he let go of me again, spinning me back into his arms, before letting me fall to the side, where he had me in his arm.

I giggled as he did it again, this time keeping me still, and I didn’t move. He kept his focus on my eyes, making me freeze. Slowly he bent down, leaning his lips to mine.
I was tempted. I really was. but something stopped me.