4

Softly I heard someone enter but didn't care to look up.

"Hey, Barnes," Clint said laughing. "You finally decided to come back to headquarters," he joked.

"C'mon man, where were you?" Steve said, throwing him with a stress ball. "We were worried," he joked along, catching the ball again.

The guy laughed, giving me light familiar shivers. "I went to a bar, then left with a girl," the voice said, and I immediately knew who that was.

"Bucky got lucky?" Steve asked quite surprised.

I lightly looked up and saw him standing there. He wore his leather jacket and his jeans from last night. I noticed that he didn't see me, and he sat down on a chair. I lightly smiled and continued filling the papers.

"I did, with this amazing girl," Bucky said giving a chuckle. I lightly blushed, trying to cover it by looking further down at the papers.

"You never pick a girl up at a bar," Bruce laughed, grabbing some papers in front of him.

"He's right, you never do," Clint added, throwing him with the ball. "So, how was it?" he asked catching the ball again.

"She was really something." He laughed, sending butterflies into his, and my body. "She was alone at the bar and caught my eye. We went to her place, and I ended up spending the night." He flexed and made the others laugh.

"Did- Did she at least wake you up with morning kisses, lover boy?" Thor asked, sending Bruce and Clint into laughter.

Bucky chuckled and whipped his hair out of his face. "Not quite. She was late for work, so she woke me up by running through the house getting dressed. It was quite funny," he laughed, making me give a small enough giggle to not be heard. "She ran out of the apartment, leaving her number and her hotel room key card," he said chuckling.

"You must call her, lover boy" Thor joked again.

"Well, I don't know, she is at work now, I'll call her tonight," he said standing up. He walked over to a counter, still having no recognition about my presence.

"Tonight?" Steve commented. "She's ganna want to already be home tonight, does she even have your number?" he asked, leaning back on the couch.

Bucky chuckled again, noticing a phone, my phone, charging on the counter. "Whose phone is this?" he asked looking at the other five.

"Don't change the subject," Samuel said leaning against the wall. "Call her, she obviously wants you to call her," he added looking at embarrassed Bucky.

Bucky chuckled and opened the mini fridge under the counter. "Guys, really. I'll call her tonight. She left me at her house, rushing out. The chances of her wanting another night are rare," he claimed, opening a beer.

And that's when I couldn't stay in the dark.

"Well, she let you stay in," I said, grabbing everyone's attention. Shocked Bucky looked at me, noticing that I was there. At first, he didn't believe I was actually right there, but then he snapped, seeing me sit on a chair in the corner. "She let you stay in her hotel room, alone, with her key card. So, she must trust you." I remarked, giving Bucky a smile.

He looked shocked, confused. He was surprised to see me, having no idea that I was in the room, or at his work.

"Wha-" he managed to say but didn't quite finish the word.

"She has a point," Samuel noted, looking at me. "Oh, this is Monroe," he added, pointing to me.

"I mean unless you don't actually want another night or so-called date with her. But I think she really needs that key card back." I smiled, resting the edge of the clip board to my chin. "If you were just a one-night stand to her, I think she'd kick you out as she ran off."

Before anyone could say anything, Tony entered the room again, walking to me. "Are you ready?" he asked taking the clip board and pen.

"Uh, yeah," I said, snapping away from Bucky. I stood up and smiled back at the others. I looked back at Bucky, who grew a smile on his face. "Oh, and you should call her, she needs that key card back I guess," I said before walking away with Tony.

Bucky looked as I exited, the smile on his face growing. "Why was she here?" he asked looking back at Samuel.

"Oh, she's Tony's new assistant and a recruit. We just heard about it. She's quite nice. We just met her along with you," Samuel said, getting himself a beer.

Bucky just smiled and sat down on a chair.