81

Slowly Bucky bent down, leaning his lips to mine.

I was tempted. I really was. but something stopped me.

I stood back up, making him sigh. “Thanks for the dance James,” I said, before walking out of the room, not even switching off the record player.

“She had a hollow smile,” Emrys said, frightening Bucky.

He turned around, seeing Emrys switch of the record player. “I’m sorry, what?” he asked confused.

Emrys sighed. “Melion had a hollow smile.”

“Meaning?”

“She loves you,” he said, lightening Bucky’s heart. “But you need to ignite the fire.”

That had completely confused Bucky. “What the hell does that mean?” he asked as he saw Emrys walk to him.

“Ignite the love she feels for you. She is still in love with you Bucky, she just doesn’t know it yet.”

Bucky shook his head. “And how am I supposed to do that?” he asked, a frown on his head.

“Little gifts. Dates. The normal things you did when you dated someone in the past, or even liked them.”

Bucky sighed. “There has never really been anyone. Not like her.”

Emrys sat down on the couch. “Brooke, was her name?”

Bucky looked at Emrys with wide eyes, before giving in and giving a sigh. “Of course she’d speak to you about that,” he said, before sitting down next to Emrys. “She was never someone I really loved. She was a moment person who I thought could mean everything to me.”

Emrys took a deep breath. “And Melion?”

“She-” Bucky thought for a second. “She was my fire.”

A smile spread on Emrys’ lips. “That’s what she needs to hear.”

Bucky looked at him. “So what? I tell her how I feel? And she’ll just love me again?”

Emrys beamed. “Small gestures, before you rush it all onto her. As I’ve noticed, she is still confused and mixed between you and Steve.”
Bucky sighed. “Steve. She’ll choose him, I know it.”

Emrys shook his head. “No. No, I don’t think she will.” Bucky looked at him, but still looked sorrow. “She’ll figure it all out eventually. We shouldn’t rush her.”

Bucky sighed, rubbing his hand over his forehead. “And if I tell you that there isn’t much time left?” he said, making Emrys frown in shock and confusion.

“Bucky, what do you mean?” he asked as he stood up straight.

Bucky shook his head. “I mean what if Steve does something to-”

“That is not what you meant, and you know it. Bucky, what did you mean.”

Bucky looked at him, making Emrys see the pain in his eyes. “Emrys. I don’t-”

Suddenly I entered the room, silencing Bucky.

He looked at me, seeing me in a light green summer dress and light brown pumps. His eyes widened as he watched me tighten up my hair.

“Wow,” he said, looking me up and down. “I didn’t- I didn’t know that you wore dresses.”

I chuckled. “I don’t usually. But Dean chose it out.”

Emrys smiled as he sat down on the couch, looking from Bucky to me. His happy smile turned into some sort of smirk.

“Well, Dean and I will be back in about an hour. Until then, don’t burn down my house.”
Bucky chuckled. “The house is too lovely for that.”

I smiled, shaking my head. “Anyways. Sam wants you in front. He’s working on his suit, and he wants you to go help him with something.”

I looked at Emrys, seeing him look at me. “You and Dean must enjoy your walk. And don’t go far!”

I smiled. “Yeah, yeah. Stay close to the cabin and don’t get lost!” With a giggle I turned around, walking to the back door.