35

I entered back into the café the moment the guy reached the pavement. "We have to go!" I said grabbing my purse off the table. Confused Natasha and Wanda jumped up, looking as I threw money down on the table.

"What's going on?" Natasha asked looking at the door.

I grabbed her wrist, pulling her with me. Wanda followed us into the kitchen, and out the back door. We walked down an alley, with the smell of rotten food filling the air.

"Baron called me. His father is looking for that hard drive the white witch stole," I said, frequently looking behind me, making sure we aren't being followed.

"What does he want with that?" Wanda asked as we reached the crowded street. We mixed into the crowds of people walking up and down.

"I don't know" I said, speeding up my pace. "But whatever was on it, no longer exists," I said, looking back to see if we were finally out of their sight.

Natasha snatched three caps off a rack outside a small shop. She handed Wanda and I each one, helping us cover our faces. We finally reached the compound, knowing that nobody followed us. We entered the building, separating in the living room.

I rushed to Tony's office, where I immediately plugged my phone in. I started typing on the computer, just when Tony entered. "Amber?" he asked, surprised to see me. "What are you doing here? It's your day off?" he questioned while walking to stand next to me.

Completely ignoring him, I pressed enter, causing pictures from traffic camera's around the café to pop on the screen. I examined them, noticing that the men didn't show their faces, avoiding the camera's perfectly. I pulled the cable out of my phone and stormed passed Tony, who stood completely confused.

I rushed down the hall, towards the living room, when I felt myself bump into someone. I looked up from my phone, seeing Steve standing in front of me.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" I apologized before trying to rush past him. He grabbed my wrist, making me stop and turn to him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked frowning.

"Oh, nothing," I laughed, making him let go of my arm. "I'm just busy," I lied, before walking off again. I headed back into the living room, looking down at my phone. I lightly saw Natasha and Wanda in the corner of my eye. "So, they lost us. There were only two guys. They were hiding their faces, so I have no idea who was following me," I said, barely removing my eyes from the screen.

Natasha cleared her throat, making me look up. I suddenly saw Bucky next to them, frowning. "You are being followed?" he asked with his deep voice.

I sighed, looking at Nat and Wanda. "They were clearly looking for me, specifically. The one ran into the coffee shop, and came running out in the alley, after we were gone. I could see he was angry," I said, ignoring Bucky's question.

"Well, do you think Baron will tell his father that the hard drive is no more?" Wanda asked looking at me, away from Bucky.

"I think he will. He really sounded like truly wanted to warn me," I said, resting my hands on the chair in front of me.

"Is that why he wants the white witch?" Wanda asked sitting back.

Confused Bucky looked at me. "The white witch? I heard about her. She made objects vanish. You know her?" he asked looking at me.

"I was her," I said looking at him. He frowned, completely confused. "I'm not anymore," I said, looking back at Natasha. "I'm going to go home." I smiled, removing my hands from the chair. I looked at Bucky, giving a faint smile. "I'll see you guys tomorrow," I said, looking at Wanda and Nat again.

"Are we still on at the bar tomorrow?" Natasha asked.

I smiled. "Of course!" I waved before walking out the living room.